New DW CBOB

This is a discussion on New DW CBOB within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got myself a late Christmas present, a DW CBOB .45. Stainless steel, double diamond cocobolo stocks, two 8 round mags with bumpers (although flush fitting ...

Thread: New DW CBOB

New DW CBOB

Got myself a late Christmas present, a DW CBOB .45.

Stainless steel, double diamond cocobolo stocks, two 8 round mags with bumpers (although flush fitting ones would be more conducive to carry), and about the best fit and finish of any production 1911 I have ever seen. The gun is almost totally Ed Brown parts, and looks to be hand fitted.

This thing is flawless, the slide to frame fit is almost seamless, with just enough of the corners lapped down so there are no sharp edges. The trigger guard is undercut and blended. No "edged dimple" under the guard like you see on some undercut guards. The front strap is checkered at 25 lpi. There is some overrun on the checkering, but I can live with that considering the fit and finish everywhere else. Check out the slide to frame fit:

Also comes from the factory with yellow/green night sights with inserts by Trijicon.

Trigger is great. Just a minimal amount of take up, great for a carry gun, and breaks clean. I don't have a trigger scale, but I'd guesstimate the pull to be at about 3.5-4.0 lbs. Just about right for carry.

All feeding surfaces of the barrel are mirror (and I mean mirror) polished. Slick as a whistle.

Put about 250-300 through her the first time I shot it, and it was flawless. 100 of those rounds were JHP's. Sights are dead on from the factory, no fooling around with windage adjustments or filing down sights for elevation changes.

If anyone is in the market for a 1911, I highly suggest taking a look at Dan Wesson. This thing is as well built as some I have seen that cost about a grand more.

The market is flooded these days with 1911's, many with all sorts of proprietary firing pin blocks and redundant safeties that affect the heart and soul of the 1911- the trigger. It's nice to see a high quality 1911, with quality in the same league as many semi customs, in a series-70 type build that does not cost thousands.

Just wanted to share a good thing with you guys in case anyone is in the market for a good carry 1911.

This will most definitely not be my last Dan Wesson.

Jason

2. Remove Ads

That's a nice looking gun (I'm drooling...). Congratulations!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Yeah, everything he said...

beautiful, and a well written follwup
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

VIP Member
    I feel like a moron for not picking up one of those in 10mm when I had the chance a year ago for cheap....oh well.

Enjoy!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

VIP Member
    Oh my! That's beautiful! Congratulations!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Congrats on that very nice Dan Wesson CBOB! I have held one in my hands a few times, just can't figure out why one hasn't made its way home with me.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Congrats on you new CBOB!

I hated selling mine (10mm) recently but I needed the money for another project at the time. Very nice gun and a lot of bang for the buck. Hopefully, I'll pick another up this year. Checkout Larry Davidson black Horned Lizard grips. IMO, they are some of the best looking grips out there for the CBOB. There's a guy named Sarge on another forum who also has some very nice looking grips.

Good luck and enjoy!

Very nice! It's just a little too big for me.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah, everything he said...
    Hey, kingdaddyoh

Jason

Links