Taurus PT-145 Magazine Problems

This is a discussion on Taurus PT-145 Magazine Problems within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know I've seen this problem somewhere, but I can't find it or remember where. I have had feed problems on my PT145 since I ...

Thread: Taurus PT-145 Magazine Problems

I know I've seen this problem somewhere, but I can't find it or remember where. I have had feed problems on my PT145 since I first got the gun a year ago. The exact problem is when the slide goes forward to chamber the round, the round dips down, instead of sliding forward, and jams into the bottom of the feed ramp. This only happens with 8 or more rounds loaded. I've sent the original mags back to Taurus for replacements, and bought a new one today from the local gun store ($40), and it doesn't feed either!!! Same exact problem. I've tried everything I know to do, and I managed to get it to feed a fully loaded mag one time. On top of everything else, now I can't rack the slide with a full mag. If anyone can give me some help, I would appreciate it.

I haven't had any issues with my PT-145, but you could check out Taurus Armed for more info if you can't find anything here.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

mkh
    Have you tried asking your question here - Taurus Armed.net - Index

I'll post it over there and see if they have any info.

I have the same problem. Currently one of my magazines has been sent back to Taurus for replacement. It has been over two months and no magazine so I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and Taurus Brazil.

Good news! I got tired of waiting and tonight did two things to the magazine I have that only allows 8 rounds in the magazine to feed properly. I used a Dremel with a pointed grinding stone and grinded the upper portion of the magazine on both sides at the point where the upper lip begins. Then I removed the spring and noticed is was out of alignment. I twisted the spring until it was straight and then pulled on the spring to lengthen it. Success! I put ten round in 3 times in a row and successfully ejetced all ten round without a jam. CAUTION. I found it is very beneficial to use the magazine loader that comes with PT145. It appears to do a better job of loading the ammo then if doing it by hand.

I too was frustrated with my PT145 when I first got it - seemed that every mag would have the 3rd or 4th round nosedive and fail to feed. Occurred with both mags. After reading lots of posts on many forums, I thought the problem was that I didn't have a tight enough grip on the gun which allowed it to flip up thus causing the feeding problem. Had a friend with a tree-trunk wrist try my gun and he had zero issues. I then made a very concious effort to keep a firm wrist and all my problems were solved! Has worked flawlessly since then (glad I didn't send the gun back to Taurus for tinkering). Let me know if this works for you.

Sponsored Links