It's an epidemic.

This is a discussion on It's an epidemic. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Tangle Euc, Wow! Great buy! Although I carry a 226, I love the way a 220 feels in my hand. It's got ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's an epidemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    Euc,
    Wow! Great buy!

Although I carry a 226, I love the way a 220 feels in my hand. It's got to be one of the best .45s!

If I'm not mistaken, there are 9mms in 220 frames; I'd like that, but I presume it'd have to be reduced capacity because of the narrower 220 grip. Still....
    Tangle.....<Laughing here> Beware of what you ask for... as I'll find it for you........<darth vader voice> "comme to the Dark Side.. you can't resisit" See below.. we DO have one, and I've played with it.. LOL...
    95065 SIG SAUER P220 HANDGUN: PISTOL 9MM LUGER $525.00 BLU\ALLOY HEEL MAG RELEASE FIXED 2-DOT SIGHTS,5in.,W\BOX 95%
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Man! I was with you right up to that heel release.

Man! I was with you right up to that heel release.
    These guns were imported by Sig (they originally were made by Browning in ther mid 70s into the early 80s........prior to Sig's aquisition of the design........I'll find one for you just ask Bud or Chris, or even QK...as their wish lists are in my pockets LOL

Senior Moderator
    So, what kind of mag do they use and what capacity?

the older BDA (as it was called) Browning/Sig 220 uses a 9 shot 9mm mag.......9+1=10 the 38 Super uses the same mag capacity as well...The 45 is a 8 shot mag
    .....Euc! ya got a heck of a good deal with tta gun......it will never let ya down..

Senior Moderator
    Seems like somebody oughta' offer a conversion, i.e. change the .45 bbl to 9mm, change the recoil spring, maybe add a spacer in the mag, and a 9mm carrier. Of course that still leaves a problem with the ejector, extractor, and the case cut in the slide. Hmmm, maybe that's why nobody does it, well and the possiblity that nobody wants one but me.

Don't be too hard on yourself, that's not a bad idea for a gun at all actually and I can't think of anything else like that on the market. I like the form factor and I can see why you'd want one in 9mm; it'd be sweet to shoot.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    Don't be too hard on yourself, that's not a bad idea for a gun at all actually and I can't think of anything else like that on the market. I like the form factor and I can see why you'd want one in 9mm; it'd be sweet to shoot.
    "Form factor", hmmm, I believe you've nailed it! The 220 "form" fits my hand and points more naturally for me than ANY other gun.

FWIW, Ernst Langdon told me, back when he was doing Sig trigger jobs, that he could get a better action on a 220 than a 226 because the trigger bar on the 220 was not "bowed" as much as a 226 becuase the frame isn't as wide.

I don't know if it's commonly know, but the frame, from just behind the trigger, is thinner on a 220 than a 226. I think that's why it feels so good to me.

Hmmm, I think I know the answer to this, but I wonder if a 226 slide would work on a 220 frame? That'd get around the extractor case size in the slide. But, I just about know the 226 slide won't fit the 226 - that'd be too good to be true!

Administrator

Thumbs up Now...That's A Super Deal.

Really nice firearm Euc. Congrats!

The .45 SIGs really feed anything too. They gulp up all factory ammo I've ever tried.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    Really nice firearm Euc. Congrats!

The .45 SIGs really feed anything too. They gulp up all factory ammo I've ever tried.
    That's been my experience too, QK.

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    I have already greatly enjoyed my 220 I bought from Gary Brommeland - it is a fine gun and actually (shhh - Bruce, close your ears!) - I prefer that gun as a .45acp platform - really!!
    whatcha talking bout

Congrats on the new pistol Euc, hope you enjoy it. Give us a range repot when ya can.

Seems like somebody oughta' offer a conversion, i.e. change the .45 bbl to 9mm, change the recoil spring, maybe add a spacer in the mag, and a 9mm carrier. Of course that still leaves a problem with the ejector, extractor, and the case cut in the slide. Hmmm, maybe that's why nobody does it, well and the possiblity that nobody wants one but me.
    ok Here's the scoop on this "conversion"
    While at the Store, I pulled out that 9mm P220........and a P220 in 45ACP........
    1. The mags interchange with both mag slots and snap into place with no problems. 9mm in the 45 and vise versa
    2 the SLIDES INTERCHANGE with VERY LITTLE EFFORT.. The 45 is /was slightly tighter to slip on the 9mm frame. Thus, it IS POSSIBLE to interchange slides on the two guns..
    (P220 9mm Euro mag release gun and P220 45ACP American mag release gun)
    Thought you guy would love to hear that info

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Congrats and welcome to the sig owners " lodge " lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links