CZ 75 questions. - Page 2

CZ 75 questions.

This is a discussion on CZ 75 questions. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been going back and forth between the 75B (or BD) and the SP-01 for about three weeks now after fondling one that had already ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've been going back and forth between the 75B (or BD) and the SP-01 for about three weeks now after fondling one that had already been spoken for, and I think I've decided on the SP-01. The rail doesn't interest me too much, but the added weight at the muzzle does. That weight will probably make for an excellently accurate and pleasing to shoot range gun, perfect for action shoots and general target use. I just wish I had the opportunity to shoot one before buying.

I've been watching Bud's pretty close, and I was very disappointed when the raised their prices on both guns earlier this week (Tuesday, perhaps in celebration of Pelosi's reelection as Speaker ). $565 to $637 for the SP-01 in the course of a day, and a similar jump for the 75B. Impact had a similar increase the next day.

I'm now that much more undecided. Buy now, or hold out and hope the prices fall? I'll probably cave.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    I'm no metal expert here but why does the SS command about $100 more than the Satin Nickel? I actually think the Satin Nickel looks slightly better although I'd prefer the safety and slide release not to be black.

I don't need the rail either. If my daughter and wife will be shooting the 75 at times with me, I was thinking the lighter 75B would be better as a 'family' range gun. I notice the Satin Nickel is slightly lighter than the SS also.
    Last edited by Wasabi; January 10th, 2009 at 10:10 AM.

I have the CZ 75 SP-01. I got it as a range gun because it is large and heavy. The machining is top notch, and it has never had a failure. The magazine capacity is 19 + one in the chamber. Mine is the "Tactical" with a de-cocker rather than safety. They also make a "Phantom" that has a composite body. Mine has night sights, which are the best I have ever seen.
    I think CZ has the best firearm for the money right now. I bought a Rami because I liked the CZ 75 so much, but I don't like it as well. It's a little too thick for a good carry gun, but it's a great shooter and just as reliable.

EAJ
    I have a CZ 75 PCR, RAMI 2075, CZ 83 and just purchased a CZ 75 SP01 Custom Shop pistol from Ghost Products (czcustom.com) last year which I’ve been very happy with. The advertised price on the CZ website for this pistol is $850 however CZ does a very poor job of keeping their website up to date. The actual price through Ghost Products was $900 during 2008 however CZ just initiated a 10% increase on all their products, similar to what they did last year. The new price on the CZ 75 SP01 Custom Shop pistol is $1000. You will no doubt notice a price bump on all of their products.

Incidentally, there’s a nice CZ 75B Stainless review in the Feb 09 issue of Guns & Ammo.

Cz prices are starting to really go up. I bought a NIB 75b for $439 just a few months ago. We'll never see that price again.

Quote Originally Posted by anchor44 View Post
    Cz prices are starting to really go up. I bought a NIB 75b for $439 just a few months ago. We'll never see that price again.
    Yeah, I'm noticing that. Hopefully I can still find a deal on one. I've got a few other guns that I'm going to try to squeeze in my budget this year as well. I'd really like a CZ in the mix.

I love my Stainless 75B. It's beautiful and accurate.

Regarding the Satin Nickel vs. Stainless, I've seen a couple Satin Nickel versions before and the finish appeared to have a yellow tint to it. That tint along with the black controls make it much less visually appealing to me.

By the way, I paid $500 for my stainless two years ago.
    "Yes I am a Pirate!"

I have the stainless 75B and am extremely pleased. A truly heavy duty semi-auto. However, the position of the safety levers is such that my thumb will not engage perfectly every time. I got tired of playing footsie with Angus and the CZ guys and modified the safety to become an "extended" safety. The results were quite good. When I now look at the gun, the first thing that comes to mind is...."Angus, I beat you at your own game!".

What about a nice CZ Clone ?

I just took delivery of an EAA Witness .40 S&W compact which is a well executed CZ 75 clone by respected Italan maker Tanfoglio. Another forum poster verified this having owned both. Should save you at least $100 if not more. Current price about $430 NIB + shipping. A neat spin-off feature is caliber conversion kits for around $200....9mm, 10mm .45, even .22.

Does the stock configuration SS 75B come with two mags? Also, as I see the CZ 75B prices climbing am I now getting into maybe a used Browning High Power range? How does the CZ compare to the Browning (or even Beretta 92)?

Thanks.

Edit:
    I have discovered CZ heaven:
    http://czechpistols82792.yuku.com/directory
    Last edited by Wasabi; January 18th, 2009 at 10:34 AM.

Cz 75b

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    Does the stock configuration SS 75B come with two mags? Also, as I see the CZ 75B prices climbing am I now getting into maybe a used Browning High Power range? How does the CZ compare to the Browning (or even Beretta 92)?
    I bought a NIB CZ75B a couple of months ago and it came with 2 mags, a plastic loader gadget, plastic cleaning brush and rod, a couple of snap caps, a useless lock, and a plastic case. I had stopped by the gun shop just to look at a Beretta 92 and decided to look at the CZ75B for comparison. The CZ fit my hand much better and "felt right". They only had the one 75B left in stock and the price was right ($439) so next thing I knew I had bought it. It shoots great and I have had no problems with it. Its a bit heavy for carry, but I bought it mostly for fun at the range. Although the 75B is all steel, it weighs about the same as the alloy frame Beretta 92.

I own both the Beretta and the CZ. They're both nice guns, but I like the CZ the better of the two, mainly because of its ergonomics. It's quite a bit smaller in the grip area than the Beretta, or at least it seems that way to me. I went with the factory wood grips from Angus, which are a bit thinner than the stock factory plastic. There are a lot of custom grips for the CZ - Hakan Pek (sp?) makes absolutely beautiful ones. The only two advantages I'd give the Beretta are that mags are more available/cheaper, and the factory sights on the CZ are a bit on the small side. I bought my CZ in November from Whittaker Guns in KY. They were great to deal with, with great prices. I don't know about their current inventory - a lot of KY shops in my area are pretty bare due to this election feeding frenzy on guns/ammo.

Cz's are fine guns; good luck with your search!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links