CZ 75 questions.

This is a discussion on CZ 75 questions. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I survived the holidays, sold a couple of guns, have some extra cash and am now thinking of getting something new. I want something ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ 75 questions.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar

CZ 75 questions.

Well I survived the holidays, sold a couple of guns, have some extra cash and am now thinking of getting something new. I want something for mostly (95%) range fun (and I guess another option for HD). I also want to start getting my daughter (12yo) and wife out shooting with me at times. The CZ 75 9mm is calling my name. I probably won't be carrying it so that isn't a huge concern.

What are the major differences between the 75B and SP-01 for my purposes? I'd also like the .22 option for my daughter and wife to start out on and to have a cheap plinking gun. Should I just get a Kadet to go along with the 75 or is finding a deal on a .22 conversion kit the way to go? I'm leaning towards the conversion kit. My other option was to find a nice Buckmark Camper or Ruger Hunter but I like the idea of everybody shooting on the same platform as the 75 for .22 action.

Speaking of deals, how often to good deals on CZ 75s popup? They seem very popular. Even at Bud's asking prices, for under $550 the 75 seems like a great deal for what I'm looking for. SS is also calling my name with some nice grips. Are they much harder to find and much more pricey? I couldn't find any SS 75s on CZ's website (Edit: Found it).

I'll probably scope out the used market for a while in hopes of a deal but I see me getting impatient by mid Feb. and just calling somewhere like Bud's or CDNN (if they have them).

Any other range/fun 9mms to consider (Baby Eagle?)?

Thanks for any input.

2. Remove Ads

Look at the Baby Eagle. A lot of wives (including mine) really like it. It has a slimmer grip than the CZ. It has a solid feel, little recoil, and is stunningly accurate.
    The hand of the aggressor is stayed by strength and strength alone!--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks for the input,

I will checkout the Baby Eagle. I've read good things about it before.

I've been digging through the CZ website and found this Custom Shop 75 SP-01:
    CZ Custom Shop CZ 75 SP-01

Looks very good and has the thinner grips (SS would have been a great option also). At that price level ($850 list), am I in another level of 9mms with more to consider (Browning Hi Power?)? I was hoping to keep the 75/.22 combo under $750 BTW. I guess it comes down to what kind of used deals I may stumble on. I'm just trying get get my target list of 9mms ready in case a deal does present itself.

VIP Member
    Since your not looking for a carry gun, I'd go with the 75B and a Ruger .22. A 75B and Kadet conversion is going to run you $1000.+ unless you can find a good deal on a used one. 75B is going to be heavier than the SP-01 Phantom, but a little lighter than the standard SP-01.

Here's a good source for after market CZ grips. Well made and reasonably priced. My CZ P-01, CZ P-06 as well as both CZ RAMI's and CZ75 Compact wear grips from them.

Marschalgrips.com

Thanks Archer,

Yeah, I think I may reaching to try and get it all in the $750 range unless I get a great used deal(s). I think I'm just going to concentrate on a deal on a 75B (or SP-01) and hope for a .22 deal later. I like the SS 75B a lot and some grips from the website you suggested would be a great combo. Going that route should keep me well within my budget.

Thanks again for your input.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    75B SS with the CZ -USA coco-bolo grips= NICE!

Buy one before the price goes up!
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Quote Originally Posted by clarkston_cz View Post
    75B SS with the CZ -USA coco-bolo grips= NICE!

Buy one before the price goes up!
    That's what I want! Very nice.

Let me know when you're ready to sell it.

I picked up a used CZ75 P 01 in poly OD green for
    $400.00 A few months back and was not sure
    I was getting a good deal,but I liked the gun so
    I bought it and now after shooting it I like it so
    much I think I got more than I piad for.
    So I say get a CZ P01
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

I sincerely love the way the CZ feels!!!! its one of the best pointing and firing 9's I've ever had...Wish I still did :(...Can't go wrong. I've seen the 01's going for Really cheap here in Colorado (big bore country...) so I couldn't really offer an opinion on what you should pay, but man they are sure sweet.... CZ clones tend to be ok too...The Tanfoglio stuff (NOT for +P stuff..say goodbye to your slide..LOL) hold up really well...AND you can get full race out of the gate...

Thanks for the replies everyone,

I stopped at the LGS today and fondled a used black 75B. Very nice indeed and I have to have one now. As soon as I stumble on a deal on a SS 75B, it's mine.

I picked up a NiB 75 SA the friday after Christmas for 500. Primarily for range and fun, but not a bad carry. Agree that a 75 & a Ruger MIII makes a lot of sense

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    I have a 75 BD, and LOVE it. The SPo1 is great too, but I love the looks better of the 75B. It's a natural pointer. I use mine for IDPA now, and even alternate CC with it. Even though the slide is a bit long, it's fairly slim for a full size double stack.

As for the Kadet kit, I've seen it online for as low as $375, and I'm considering it myself, but it's still cheaper to get a standalone .22 as a plinker.

$548.00 stainless

Just bought a stainless steel 75B 9mm with 2-16 round mags from Whittakers for $548.00. My decision was based on the overwhelming number of accolades the gun receives both here and in gun magazines. It's not in my hands yet, so I'm biding my time drooling of the exotic wood grips that are available online.

Thanks,

I was checking out Whittakers and noticed the 75B Satin Nickel for $448. From some web searches, I like the look. Why the big difference in price? Is Satin Nickel that much harder to maintain? Are the external controls (safety and slide release) black polycoat on all Satin Nickel 75Bs?

Thanks again for everyone's input.

VIP Member
    My wife's Compact is satin nickel, no problem keeping it clean, just wipe it down the same as I do my other guns. As for the controls being black, the slide release and safety are black on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links