Defensive Carry banner

"Why I Have The Best Fiancee In The World" - or - "My Engagement Kimber!"

2K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  Tyler11B 
#1 ·
"Why I Have The Best Fiancee In The World" - or - "My Engagement Kimber!"

Hey all -

Pretty much just needed to take a moment to brag here. I proposed to my girlfriend of almost four years right before this last Christmas, and she received a sizable rock in the process. Since that time, I'd half-joked a few times that when it came time for her to pick out a ring for me, I'd rather have an inexpensive ring and a less-inexpensive firearm to go with it then some crazily expensive piece of jewelery for myself.

On another note, really been wanting to get into a .45 for some time now, had been planning on maybe a Glock 36, but at the same time have been feeling like my collection was sorely lacking a 1911 of some variety.

Well, my half joke turned into a reality this evening, and the 1911 gap in my collection has been very sufficiently attended to, after my darling fiancee suggested we scoot on down to Sportsman's Warehouse tonight....... and we came home with one of these...!

Kimber Tactical Pro II, aluminum frame, Meprolight night sights, all sorts of bells and whistles. Figured if I was gonna do a 1911, (and my wonderful fiancee was gonna pay for it!!!) might as well do it right! Can't wait to get out and put my "400-500 break-in rounds" through it and start carrying this beast.

I just received a Crossbreed belt in the mail yesterday, and I'd placed an order for a UBG Canute for my G19 several weeks ago, emailed Nate today to ask that order be changed to the same holster for my Kimber instead so I won't have to wait another 6-7 weeks, and just in time as they promptly replied to inform me that could be done and they'd be starting on my order Sunday! Now just need to figure out a mag carrier (single? double? any input?), and order a few extra mags (Kimber? Wilson? any input?), and I'll be looking at a pretty dang sweet carry rig.

Anyway, thanks for enduring my bragging session, everybody, but I am one excited dancing banana right now! :danceban: And lots of love and thanks to my beautiful generous sweet fiancee. Thanks baby!

See less See more
#2 ·
You stink:haha:. Congradulations:congrats:

#12 ·
I concur. Decent choice on the pistol too... :wink:

For mags, 1911's can be picky. Some like this brand, some that (even with top of the line mags). Best three choices from what I've read are Tripp Research Cobra Mag (no experience here, but the bulk of the "heavy hitters" and many people I respect feel they are the best), Wilson Combat (used to be the 47D was king of these, that's what I have most of- around 20 of them, they're great and guaranteed for life). They have a new model, the ETM (looks sort of like the Tripp in some ways....). I only have one, haven't even gotten the chance to try it out yet. And the Chip McCormick Power Mags (NOT his Shooting Star line, the Power Mags). I have two of these, been very good in my limited trials and are the most economical of the lot. Can be found often on sale at Midway.

All the mags I buy are 8 round by the way. I do load 8. The 8 vs 7 discussion and downloading are topics for a whole different thread (several of the above choices are also available in 7 round versions).

For mag carriers, there are a million choices. Lately, I've been carrying one OWB and two in off side front pocket in a WRB double mag pocket carrier.

Congratulations, and welcome to the world of 1911!

#18 ·
Hope it works out to be a long and happy relationship, oh and hope the marriage is just as happy, lol

Just hope that if things go south and she gives back the ring, she don't demand her gift back. Dang it, to much judge Judy

#20 ·
That's a standard 1911 pattern trigger with regard to DA/SA, it is SAO as are the vast majority of 1911's (I'd guess WAY OVER 99%).

There've been a few factory and custom models of 1911 that were DA/SA and I think one or two DAO, but none of these ever seemed to catch on real big. It's single action, just like it's Grand Daddy, the Single Action Army Colt .45.

#24 ·
congrats brother. i use kimber and chip mccormick mags for my 1911 and have never ever ran into any problems with them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.