"Why I Have The Best Fiancee In The World" - or - "My Engagement Kimber!"

This is a discussion on "Why I Have The Best Fiancee In The World" - or - "My Engagement Kimber!" within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all - Pretty much just needed to take a moment to brag here. I proposed to my girlfriend of almost four years right before ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Why I Have The Best Fiancee In The World" - or - "My Engagement Kimber!"

Hey all -

Pretty much just needed to take a moment to brag here. I proposed to my girlfriend of almost four years right before this last Christmas, and she received a sizable rock in the process. Since that time, I'd half-joked a few times that when it came time for her to pick out a ring for me, I'd rather have an inexpensive ring and a less-inexpensive firearm to go with it then some crazily expensive piece of jewelery for myself.

On another note, really been wanting to get into a .45 for some time now, had been planning on maybe a Glock 36, but at the same time have been feeling like my collection was sorely lacking a 1911 of some variety.

Well, my half joke turned into a reality this evening, and the 1911 gap in my collection has been very sufficiently attended to, after my darling fiancee suggested we scoot on down to Sportsman's Warehouse tonight....... and we came home with one of these...!

Kimber Tactical Pro II, aluminum frame, Meprolight night sights, all sorts of bells and whistles. Figured if I was gonna do a 1911, (and my wonderful fiancee was gonna pay for it!!!) might as well do it right! Can't wait to get out and put my "400-500 break-in rounds" through it and start carrying this beast.

I just received a Crossbreed belt in the mail yesterday, and I'd placed an order for a UBG Canute for my G19 several weeks ago, emailed Nate today to ask that order be changed to the same holster for my Kimber instead so I won't have to wait another 6-7 weeks, and just in time as they promptly replied to inform me that could be done and they'd be starting on my order Sunday! Now just need to figure out a mag carrier (single? double? any input?), and order a few extra mags (Kimber? Wilson? any input?), and I'll be looking at a pretty dang sweet carry rig.

Anyway, thanks for enduring my bragging session, everybody, but I am one excited dancing banana right now! And lots of love and thanks to my beautiful generous sweet fiancee. Thanks baby!
    .40 is fine.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    You stink. Congradulations
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

That is awesome man....sounds like you have a pretty awesome woman there....better keep ahold of her..lol

Josh

Congratulations!! And does she have any sisters?
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackle1886 View Post
    Congratulations!! And does she have any sisters?
    Yeah, there were a couple other Kimbers at the - oh, you meant the fiancee!! ;-) Nope, she's one of a kind.
    .40 is fine.

Congrats to you and the new wife to be. The Kimber looks nice.

You have chosen very wisely.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

VIP Member
    Very ,Very Nice!Congrats!

She sounds like a keeper.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Congrats on both your fiancé and the Kimber Tactical Pro II! They both seem like keepers to me.

Sweetness mate!!! Gotta love those Kimber gifts from the honeys.

My wife of five years got me a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II for Xmas/anniversary.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...fe-got-me.html

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy W. View Post
    You have chosen very wisely.
    I concur. Decent choice on the pistol too...

For mags, 1911's can be picky. Some like this brand, some that (even with top of the line mags). Best three choices from what I've read are Tripp Research Cobra Mag (no experience here, but the bulk of the "heavy hitters" and many people I respect feel they are the best), Wilson Combat (used to be the 47D was king of these, that's what I have most of- around 20 of them, they're great and guaranteed for life). They have a new model, the ETM (looks sort of like the Tripp in some ways....). I only have one, haven't even gotten the chance to try it out yet. And the Chip McCormick Power Mags (NOT his Shooting Star line, the Power Mags). I have two of these, been very good in my limited trials and are the most economical of the lot. Can be found often on sale at Midway.

All the mags I buy are 8 round by the way. I do load 8. The 8 vs 7 discussion and downloading are topics for a whole different thread (several of the above choices are also available in 7 round versions).

For mag carriers, there are a million choices. Lately, I've been carrying one OWB and two in off side front pocket in a WRB double mag pocket carrier.

Congratulations, and welcome to the world of 1911!
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Is her mom still married
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle5 View Post
    Congrats on both your fiancé and the Kimber Tactical Pro II! They both seem like keepers to me.
    What he said! That sums it up.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Very nice.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links