Cominolli safeties

Cominolli safeties

This is a discussion on Cominolli safeties within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just put these safeties on my Glocks 19 & 26 and they are really nice. I felt the need because I'm always handling the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Cominolli safeties

  1. #1
    Member Array krab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    31

    Cominolli safeties

    I just put these safeties on my Glocks 19 & 26 and they are really nice.

    I felt the need because I'm always handling the pistols during the day, in and out of cars, going in buildings where concealed carry is prohibited and at home removing the gun from the holster and re holstering upon leaving. I counted where I handled the pistol over 10 times a day.

    This safety is a very well made functionally designed add on for Glocksters that want the comfort of additional safety.

    I am not a CCwer who goes out worrying about how fast I draw or the microseconds it takes to flip the safety or rack the slide.

    As Greg says on Redeye, "if you don't agree with me you're no better than Hitler"
    Last edited by krab; January 9th, 2009 at 05:27 PM.


  2. #2
    Member Array NKMG19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    408
    That's a Cominolli safety for Glocks.

    I still rely on my finger to be the final safety for my Glocks. I too handle my weapon often but try my hardest to adhere to the rule that says "finger off the trigger until it's pointed at something I want to destroy".
    NRA Member

  3. #3
    Member Array krab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by NKMG19 View Post
    That's a Cominolli safety for Glocks.

    I still rely on my finger to be the final safety for my Glocks. I too handle my weapon often but try my hardest to adhere to the rule that says "finger off the trigger until it's pointed at something I want to destroy".
    Believe me I do the same! I still handle the Glock as if the safety weren't installed. Of course one can never be cavalier when handling weapons.

  4. #4
    Member Array NKMG19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by krab View Post
    Of course one can never be cavalier when handling weapons.
    That's exactly how I feel.
    NRA Member

  5. #5
    Member Array mike28w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    utah
    Posts
    131
    Any problems with holster fit ? Ever had the safety get bumped off inadvertently ?

    Thanks for the input ! mike

  6. #6
    VIP Member Array Thanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2,362
    To each their own. Grats.

    If I wanted this type of safety, I would purchase a different firearm. In addition, if I felt Glocks were unsafe (due to a lack of safties) I think I would go with a Springfield XD.

    $.02

  7. #7
    Member Array krab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    To each their own. Grats.

    If I wanted this type of safety, I would purchase a different firearm. In addition, if I felt Glocks were unsafe (due to a lack of safties) I think I would go with a Springfield XD.

    $.02
    Why?

  8. #8
    Member Array bigiceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    491
    For those who want another barrier between themselves and the function of their firearm this looks like a good product to retro-fit currently owned firearms.

    I carry an XD and after spending time thinking about why I carry and the conditions I hope never to encounter, I don't want any manual safeties between me and function.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

    Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

  9. #9
    Member Array krab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by bigiceman View Post
    For those who want another barrier between themselves and the function of their firearm this looks like a good product to retro-fit currently owned firearms.

    I carry an XD and after spending time thinking about why I carry and the conditions I hope never to encounter, I don't want any manual safeties between me and function.
    With all due respect unless one's job, occupation, or profession
    requires a sidearm, carrying a weapon with or without an external
    safety is a matter of personal preference and not something to obsess about.

    I'm not singling you out , I just have to laugh at the yada, yada, yada, that starts as soon as someone mentions a safety on a Glock.

    Why don't I carry another manufacturers sidearm?, because I like Glocks. I sure hope this doesn't threaten anyones manliness.

  10. #10
    VIP Member Array Thanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    2,362
    There are so many guns out there with safeties already built in them, why not just find something that comes from the factory that way. It also voids the Glock warranty with the safety added.

    Quote Originally Posted by krab View Post
    Why?
    IMHO,

    #1 Firearm 101, you should never rely on a manual safety. If you have a safety, then you are going to rely on it. I do believe it is critical to carry a Glock in a holster (that covers the trigger). Also note what I spout off about a handgun for SD would not be the same argument I would make with a hunting rifle.

    #2 Before I purchased my Glock, I happened upon a few stories and was show a few security videos. In a SD situation, many armed citizens have messed up, and did not disengage the safety. One of the reasons I went with Glocks and revolvers.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigiceman View Post
    ...spending time thinking about why I carry and the conditions I hope never to encounter, I don't want any manual safeties between me and function.
    +1

    If I was worried about the lack of a manual safety, I think I would carry a Springfield XD, as it has a hand safety. In a SD firefight, I don't need anything extra to think about, like manual safey and pulling back the slide. I carry one in the barrel and I carry a Glock.

    Quote Originally Posted by krab View Post
    ...Why don't I carry another manufacturers sidearm?, because I like Glocks....
    Please understand, I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm just stating it is not for me. For example, I have an Advantage Arms .22 LR upper for my Glock. Many would point out the cost is very close to the price of a seperate firearm. It is a valid point, but for me, the upper has been a worth while choice.

    Sincerely, you are the one who is going to use the tool, and I fully respect it is your choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by krab View Post
    ...I sure hope this doesn't threaten anyones manliness....
    Na. Hope this doesn't threaten your manliness because I think you just castrated one off your Glock.

  11. #11
    Member Array mike28w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    utah
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by krab View Post
    With all due respect unless one's job, occupation, or profession
    requires a sidearm, carrying a weapon with or without an external
    safety is a matter of personal preference and not something to obsess about.

    I'm not singling you out , I just have to laugh at the yada, yada, yada, that starts as soon as someone mentions a safety on a Glock.

    Why don't I carry another manufacturers sidearm?, because I like Glocks. I sure hope this doesn't threaten anyones manliness.
    AMEN !!! It is MY personal decision........

  12. #12
    Member Array krab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by mike28w View Post
    Any problems with holster fit ? Ever had the safety get bumped off inadvertently ?

    Thanks for the input ! mike
    Since the safety lever is on the left, the 26 fits all of my holsters with no problems.

    So far the safety hasn't been bumped off inadvertently.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    541
    Safeties on glocks are not for me but.......

    I commend you on spending the money and putting this safety on instead of taking the easier, least costly and much more inferior designed sliderlock safety on.

    If you are going to do it, at least do it right.

    Quote Originally Posted by krab View Post
    I just put these safeties on my Glocks 19 & 26 and they are really nice.

    I felt the need because I'm always handling the pistols during the day, in and out of cars, going in buildings where concealed carry is prohibited and at home removing the gun from the holster and re holstering upon leaving. I counted where I handled the pistol over 10 times a day.

    This safety is a very well made functionally designed add on for Glocksters that want the comfort of additional safety.

    I am not a CCwer who goes out worrying about how fast I draw or the microseconds it takes to flip the safety or rack the slide.

    As Greg says on Redeye, "if you don't agree with me you're no better than Hitler"

  14. #14
    Member Array ace5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    17
    Doesn't an external safety preclude the possibility of accidentally getting "Glocked".

  15. #15
    Member Array krab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by ace5000 View Post
    Doesn't an external safety preclude the possibility of accidentally getting "Glocked".
    I not sure if anyone knows who Gene Shuey is but he is a very well respected person when it comes to gun smithing and shooting.

    He is located near Reno NV and he did the work. Gene said "Many more people than you can imagine have NDs with Glocks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Question re. manual safeties
    By Ananael in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: January 1st, 2011, 01:04 PM
  2. Kimber and King's Safeties?
    By Joshua M. Smith in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 21st, 2008, 08:35 PM
  3. Glock Cominolli Safety Update
    By Geo2020 in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: August 21st, 2007, 12:04 PM
  4. Swartz safeties are bad?
    By MIKEV in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 22nd, 2007, 05:02 PM
  5. cominolli safeties for Glocks
    By Raider39a in forum Related Gear & Equipment
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: April 16th, 2007, 02:25 PM

Search tags for this page

cominoli installers nevada

,
cominolli authorized installers
,

cominolli safety

,
cominolli safety for glock 19
,
cominolli safety install
,
diy cominolli
,
does advantage arms work with cominolli safety?
,
fort worth cominolli
,

glock with cominolli safety

,
how to remove a cominolli glock safety
,

installing cominolli glock safety

,
messed up cominolli saftey
Click on a term to search for related topics.