Should I trade my 26 for an SP101

This is a discussion on Should I trade my 26 for an SP101 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently bought a Glock 26 I have 150-200 rounds through it. I like its concealabilty, capacity and cool factor I guess. I just cant ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should I trade my 26 for an SP101

Should I trade my 26 for an SP101

I recently bought a Glock 26 I have 150-200 rounds through it. I like its concealabilty, capacity and cool factor I guess. I just cant get the hang of it and get it to shoot well. I am consistanly low. I have dry fired it I have read ways to improve its just not working for me. My question is I have a 4 k frame that I shoot well. I am wondering if maybe I should trade my 26 for a 3" sp101. I guess I just shoot revolvers a little better and would like to add ct grips. If I do trade what would be a good trade. It still has the orange stuff in it but I know its used.

2. Remove Ads

Ok, Ok... I'll give you 100 bucks for that crappy Glock.

IMO, I think you need more trigger practice with the Glock. But, if you are not happy and you know that you are more proficient with a revolver, then trade it. Or better yet, sell the Glock, you may get a better deal than trading it.

Good luck.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I would answer a big heck NO! Keep your 26. Try adding some night sites and then practice more with it. My 26 is a very accurate pistol.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

NOPE!!! No trade, No sell!!! Save up and get the SP101 if you want one, but don't do something you may regret later. Can't tell you how many times I wish I had kept the few firearms I have either sold or traded away. Not a 1 I wish I hadn't kept!

RickH
    RickH

Quote Originally Posted by RickH View Post
    NOPE!!! No trade, No sell!!! Save up and get the SP101 if you want one, but don't do something you may regret later. Can't tell you how many times I wish I had kept the few firearms I have either sold or traded away. Not a 1 I wish I hadn't kept!

RickH

I second that emotion! Among the weps I wish I still had...

Glock 22
    Glock 26
    XD40sc
    DW PM7 (1911)
    Taurus M85
    3 Mosin Nagants
    Okay...I don't miss the Yugo SKS...much. Nice wep...heavy for the rd.
    7mm Mauser scout-erized.

Those were just the ones that I traded. I won't even list those that were stolen!

Yeah, I know... The women in my world always wonder why I need all those weapons. I don't even know...but I do!

Originally, I decided to standardize on one caliber. That was a nice thought... So...now I still have three pistol calibers.

Weps are like mechanical fasteners...you never know what you'll need and when you'll need it!
    XD9 Service, CZ-75B, Glock 21, Kel-Tec P3AT
    Rifles...yes...and shotguns....and
    "Unofficial Legislative Attache...er...Watchdog...er...Agitator."
    "Yes, I vote...but not for the candidate I prefer: None of the Above."

Heck--that pistol is very accurate. Try shooting a little maybe every day if you can untill you know exactly what the sight picture must be for you to be accurate.Keep trying---good luck !

I just cant get the hang of it and get it to shoot well. I am consistanly low.
    I am wondering if maybe I should trade my 26 for a 3" sp101.
    You can't shoot it well. It's a recently acquired gun, didn't belong to anybody personally important to you or famous.

Trade it.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I sold my G27 after it could not displace my SP101 snubbies from their jobs. I found it just as easy to conceal the full-sized G22, which was my duty pistol at the time. For me, the deciding factors in concealment are width and how far the slide extends to the rear, and those measurements are identical in full-sized and baby Glocks.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Don't worry about regrets. A Glock is like a Dewalt drill, a superb piece of equipment, but except for the serial number, one is just as good as another of the same model. I do get attached to firearms, but never felt a bit of attachment to any of my five or six Glocks. They were mundane tools.

If you have trouble shooting a Glock you'll likely struggle to shoot a .357 magnum like the Sp101 w/a short barrel. IMO, Glocks are some of the best shooting guns out there. Snubs are some of the hardest guns to shoot but it definately can be done.
    " Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master." George Washington

GLOCKS you either Hate them or Love Them

The Glocks are a strange beast in very few people will say I can give or take it. I't always a Love or Hate with them. I personally don't like the grip angle I like the 1911 and Springfield Armory angle better. Honestly nobody can tell ya what's best for you except you. So if you're like me and want a different angle or just a nice revolver then gio for it. You probably will get a better deal selling the 26 rather than trading it tho. Good luck deciding and let us know what the verdict is.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

I like revolvers, but thats me. You decide it's your gun. Good Luck!

keep it and save up the money for the other
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

So...how much for the G26? Consider a trade?

Maybe try some Hogue rubber grips.
    Invest into a good gun instruction class.

After tips on your grip, and you still don't like it, then you might as well put your money into something that more naturally fits your hands.

I shot the Glock 26 at the range, and I didn't like it much. I'm much more confident shooting my SP101 in 357 mag.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links