Holster help for Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm

This is a discussion on Holster help for Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not too sure if this is the correct place to put this so bear with me! I'm just about to get my first pistol and ...

Thread: Holster help for Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm

Holster help for Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm

Not too sure if this is the correct place to put this so bear with me!

I'm just about to get my first pistol and I've narrowed it down to the Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm Linky Now right when I was about to buy it the salesmen asked if I had looked for a holster. I said no. He was like well I don't think you should buy this yet then because a holster is hard to find for it. He said they didn't even have a generic one in the store for me.

I really want a combat holster because I might have to take this with me and that's what I need. Anyone have this pistol and have a good holster for it? I'd prefer a tactical if possible.

Thanks a bunch,
    Fuganater

2. Remove Ads

Fobus makes a paddle holster for the Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm, less than a month ago my brother in law purchased this firearm and since he doesn't wear a belt he needed a paddle option and a local gun store had it in stock. here is a link to their website and fitment guide the 24/7 pro is the first one on the list Fobus Holster fitment guide
    Give me my guns and my right to keep and bear arms, and they can keep their change.

I bought a CTAC from Comp Tac for my 24/7 Pro. Works great for me.
    Comp-Tac

Thanks alot J man but there is something I'm confused about... Is the Taurus 24/7 Millenium PRO the same as the one I linked to? I'm just asking because the one they show with it does not look the same as the 24/7 Pro...

And wmhawth I like those holsters alot but there is no way I'm gonna put $80 into a holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post

And wmhawth I like those holsters alot but there is no way I'm gonna put $80 into a holster.
    I hear you, but experience has taught me that a few extra bucks for a good holster is money well spent.

Thanks alot J man but there is something I'm confused about... Is the Taurus 24/7 Millenium PRO the same as the one I linked to? I'm just asking because the one they show with it does not look the same as the 24/7 Pro...

The pistol in your link is the same one that my brother in law bought the only difference is that his doesn't have the rubber grip sleve and has regular three dot sights. The holster will fit, the only thing that you would have to do is let out the tension screw out. The holster he got had the tension screw tightened down alot from the factory.
    Give me my guns and my right to keep and bear arms, and they can keep their change.

So have you guys shot the Taurus 24/7 Pro? I think im 100% for it but I just wanna get some input from other people. And what kind of holster do you prefer? Paddle or Belt?

Thanks

I use a Crossbreed Super Tuck, and a Wild Bill's slide, for my 24/7 Pro DS, and my PT111. The holsters work on both guns.

I don't particularly like paddle holsters, other than for a quick trip out. They don't tend to be comfortable for all day carry.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    I use a Crossbreed Super Tuck, and a Wild Bill's slide, for my 24/7 Pro DS, and my PT111. The holsters work on both guns.

I don't particularly like paddle holsters, other than for a quick trip out. They don't tend to be comfortable for all day carry.
    I found your topic about this holster. Can you give me some details about it like the Tilt style?

Here is a picture of it. That is if your asking about the Wild Bill's. I guess it is somewhere around a 10-15 degree cant. Not extreme, but probably close to most of the holsters out there.

Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

So have you guys shot the Taurus 24/7 Pro? I think im 100% for it but I just wanna get some input from other people.
    Just be sure to hold / handle one before you buy it. I was going to buy one a few years back until I actually held one at a gun show - it was not a good fit for me.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

I went to the store and held like 8 different ones. This one fit me the best and with the rubber grips on the handle it was an obvious pick.

I have a PT140 and a few holsters for it but am looking for one that I like. I am going to get a UBG, (Canute) as soon as I can. I would stay away from paddle holsters, They tend to pull with the gun if drawn quick, at least for me, I'm sure others can give you an opinion on this also. I would look for something that attaches to the belt. Good Luck and let us know what you come up with.

This is the link for UBG.
    index
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

You might contact El Paso Saddlery and ask if they offer their Street Combat holster to fit your gun. I have a couple of these that I bought to use while waiting on custom holsters and for an off the shelf product, they're not bad.

When you're ready to order custom, Nate at UBG does great work. I have a few of his holsters and they are exceptional and his turnaround for custom work is very good.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Holster for 24/7 ...

I carry a Taurus 24/7 Pro Compact quite often. I use an IWB made by Galco called Summer Comfort. I find it to be very comfortable and secure. I did add some reinforcement around the opening to aid in re-holstering though. (Could be that I needed to because of my lack of body shape.) I'll see if I can post some pictures.

Bob

Links