New Ultra CDP II Performance

This is a discussion on New Ultra CDP II Performance within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got to run a hundred rounds of 230 round nose through my new Ultra CDP yesterday. I had one fail to feed with the ...

Thread: New Ultra CDP II Performance

I got to run a hundred rounds of 230 round nose through my new Ultra CDP yesterday. I had one fail to feed with the slide remaining open. A slight touch of the slide release set it home.

I forgot my swipe card to get into the indoor range and I just needed to try it out. It was very cold out, I had insulated gloves on and my fingers were somewhat numb. I think my thumb may have ridden up and slightly pushed up on the slide release.

The accuracy was outstanding, especially considering the weather. It shot slightly to the left. I will move the rear sight and cannot wait until the next outing.

Now I need to decide on the leather. I think I will order a Simply Rugged with the inside out straps. I already have (4) of his holsters for wheel guns and they are first class.

Revolver Nuts
    NRA Endowment Lifer

im sure you know, but the short barrel smaller 45's tend to shoot left and low til you get used to them. It happens to alot of people. Normally overcompensating for recoil. But thats just a heads up. try it one more time with a more relaxed grip. Or, the sights may really be off, and I am wrong. Either way. good luck
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    im sure you know, but the short barrel smaller 45's tend to shoot left and low til you get used to them. It happens to alot of people. Normally overcompensating for recoil. But thats just a heads up. try it one more time with a more relaxed grip. Or, the sights may really be off, and I am wrong. Either way. good luck
    Thanks for the input. It did shoot a little low as well as left. I'll give it another try before moving anything.

Revolver Nuts
    NRA Endowment Lifer

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    He may be right about the left and low. Had that problem with my Colt New Agent... and still do sometimes. Took me awhile to get used to the gun due to the recoil, trigger, etc.

I don't have an indoor range available so this time of year my shooting is limited to the slightly warmer days. Oh how I long for spring!

The CDP seems like an outstanding weapon! Would love to see some pics and hear more about it...

When I got my XD I thought I would have to make some sight changes. A co-worker told me to hang on to the gun better, tighten my grip. I now shoot great with it and never made a change. Give yourself a chance with it now that you have the feedback and you may end up doing the same.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

Links