Oh, goody....

Oh, goody....

This is a discussion on Oh, goody.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, after spending the better part of a year working with only Glocks, I recently picked up an old (1989) Beretta 92F. It's a cool ...

Thread: Oh, goody....

Oh, goody....

Well, after spending the better part of a year working with only Glocks, I recently picked up an old (1989) Beretta 92F. It's a cool gun; I've added the 'D' hammer spring to lighten up the trigger a bit, and I've got about 450 flawless rounds through it so far. It's soft shooting, accurate, and sight reacquisition from shot to shot seems to be a lot faster, due to the increased weight of the gun (as compared to my trusty Glocks). I'm thinking about switching to the Beretta for my IDPA gun.

Anyway, the one thing that I'm having issues with is the difference in grip angle between the two guns. Basically, I tend to shoot low with the Beretta, and high with my Glocks...the POI is totally different between the two platforms. Does anyone have any thoughts on remedying this?
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Quote Originally Posted by packin45 View Post
    Well, after spending the better part of a year working with only Glocks, I recently picked up an old (1989) Beretta 92F. It's a cool gun; I've added the 'D' hammer spring to lighten up the trigger a bit, and I've got about 450 flawless rounds through it so far. It's soft shooting, accurate, and sight reacquisition from shot to shot seems to be a lot faster, due to the increased weight of the gun (as compared to my trusty Glocks). I'm thinking about switching to the Beretta for my IDPA gun.

Anyway, the one thing that I'm having issues with is the difference in grip angle between the two guns. Basically, I tend to shoot low with the Beretta, and high with my Glocks...the POI is totally different between the two platforms. Does anyone have any thoughts on remedying this?
    You could buy sights for the Beretta that work as a "pumpkin on the post" method. Basically so your POA should not be directly over the desired POI but rather the POI should be right above the front sight post. You may have to ask around as to what sights work this way. I can't think of any off the top of my head.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

If they make them for thew Beretta I'm sure youwould like the XS Big Dots.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Put an adjustable rear sight on your Beretta. Can't remember what brand mine is (put it on about 25 yrs. ago) but I think it was Millett. We deal so much with CC handguns that rarely have adjustable sights that we sometimes forget that there are options for range or competition firearms.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Ya know, a lot is made of the grip angle difference between GLOCK and (insert any other handgun here). But the truth be told, if the sights are aligned and the aligned sights are put on target, you should hit what you're pointing at irrespective of the shape of the handle.

Extend, touch, press!
    Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Try a 1911? Might be juuuust right.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by HK Dan View Post
    Ya know, a lot is made of the grip angle difference between GLOCK and (insert any other handgun here). But the truth be told, if the sights are aligned and the aligned sights are put on target, you should hit what you're pointing at irrespective of the shape of the handle.

Extend, touch, press!
    Dan
    I thought that too, a shooter should always be looking at the front sight and the target behind it. Some people just want a little help is all.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Links