The New Pocket Protector

This is a discussion on The New Pocket Protector within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well i have been meaning to get on here and share my new child, Ruger LCP. I dont have any pictures as of yet but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Pocket Protector

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar

The New Pocket Protector

Well i have been meaning to get on here and share my new child, Ruger LCP. I dont have any pictures as of yet but some are soon to come. Shot 1 round thru it because didnt have hearing protection and lets just say i can finally hear right, but the one round was great. I remember the way the gun moved....... just kidding. I am planning on taking it to the range and will give a full report.
    Also, i noticed on the LCP when i got it that it had a green sticker on the gun, but my buddy who bought one at the same time had a orange sticker. Is there any reason? Thanks.
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    The colored stickers are Rugers quality control. I dont know what the colors mean for sure, but I think it has to do with what day or shift the gun was made or inspected. All Rugers have them at some point early in their lives.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thank you Sixto. I cant wait to shoot a couple hundred rounds thru it.

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

Administrator
    I was fooling with one a few weeks ago, they are nice little pocket guns. If you dont mind saying, where did you get it from?
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    +1 to what SIXTO said. It also may be that designated inspectors have designated color stickers that they use. That would allow Ruger to address specific problems to a known individual.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I was fooling with one a few weeks ago, they are nice little pocket guns. If you dont mind saying, where did you get it from?
    I got mine at Bass Pro in Cincinnati Mills. They want $299 and they are obviously post recall. It is a funny story because me and a friend were talking and i said that i wanted one. Well i went in and saw that they had 5 so i was thinking that it was ironic , but realised they were out of ammo. At that point i thought that i wanted to buy the gun with the ammo but noticed an associate stocking .380 ammo. I then knew it was too good to be true. I looked on Gun Broker and most are going from 330-370 so i decided that i should probably get it. Well i walked over to the accessories part and noticed that they had 2 extra mags aswell, and again checked and Gun Broker wanted over 30 for them so i got both and for only $44.
    I know that was long winded but it seemed that fate was destined for me to get a LCP that day.

COPS Protective Services

Congrats on the LCP! They have been hard to find around my area.

Too bad you didn't have proper protection for shooting. I keep a pair of glasses and muffs in my vehicle since they come in handy, both for spur of the moment range sessions but also for field work.

Administrator
    Thats a good price, and fairly tough to find. Thats why I asked. I know Shooters Supply had four or five and sold out in a day. I thought maybe you got one of those.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Congrats on the LCP!
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

No i actually contacted Dan and he siad that he has a 40 person waiting list on the LCP. He was the frist i called because he has done so much work for me and always has the best prices, but i told him my price and he said to definatly buy it. So i did.

COPS Protective Services

Administrator
    Yeah, there is a waiting list on several popular guns. Dan is the man to see though.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Couldnt agree with you more. I have been calling his shop so many times over the past 5 years that he knows my voice, and i feel like i annoy him. He does say that that is what he is here for and that any way he can help he will but i do feel like i annoy him. LOL He is the best to work with and by far the cheapest.

COPS Protective Services

Local shooting range/gun shop here that I've used for FFL transfers has one with one mag, listed for $499. When I asked about it, he said they'd get that much for it too. Kinda left a sour taste in my mouth. I'll be going elsewhere for anymore transfers.
    CARRY GUNS:
    S&W 638, Ruger LCP, Kimber Ultra CDP

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrashok Glock View Post
    Thank you Sixto. I cant wait to shoot a couple hundred rounds thru it.
    .................Great gun, I have had one now for about 8 months. If your going to shoot a couple hundred rounds threw it, make sure you are wareing shooters gloves. The LCP has a kick for a 380.And your hand won't feel to good , Enjoy.

Distinguished Member
    LCP=light carry pistol, not a LSP (light shooter pistol) Who would want to put 200 rounds at a time through it??? But they are kinda fun to shoot, just not THAT much fun.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links