Glock 29 barrels

Glock 29 barrels

This is a discussion on Glock 29 barrels within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a g29 and would like to get a .357 barrel to target practice with due to 10mm ammo costs. Been looking at some ...

New Member Array licensed to chi's Avatar

Glock 29 barrels

I have a g29 and would like to get a .357 barrel to target practice with due to 10mm ammo costs. Been looking at some sites and i am a little confused. Can i get a stock Glock g33 barrel or do i need a conversion barrel like lone wolf offers? Thanks for any help.

You need a conversion barrel.

A Glock 33 barrel will not work in your Glock 29.

And I would suggest that if you're looking for cheaper practice, I'd get a .40 barrel before I'd get a .357 Sig barrel...unless you've got a source for really cheap .357's...
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by licensed to chi View Post
    I have a g29 and would like to get a .357 barrel to target practice with due to 10mm ammo costs. Been looking at some sites and i am a little confused. Can i get a stock Glock g33 barrel or do i need a conversion barrel like lone wolf offers? Thanks for any help.
    You do know the 357 would be 357sig----right-----not capable of 357 / 38 special loads.??

just make'n sure

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Get some 10mm 'canned heat' from Georgia-Arms.com for cheap 10mm range ammo and stick with a the G29 barrel.

the 357 sig will cross over to the 40 cal easy in the glocks,, don't think it will in the 10mm. time to reload and/or look for cheaper ammo and/or sell the 10mm and/or buy yourself a new gun in a different cal, a gun that the ammo is cheaper.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    Get some 10mm 'canned heat' from Georgia-Arms.com for cheap 10mm range ammo and stick with a the G29 barrel.
    Exactly what I do for my Glock 29.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Actually, Storm Lake and Lone Wolf sell conversion barrels for the 10mm GLOCKS that DO work. You cannot just take a factory barrel and use it cross-platform, but these are made to do so. You can convert to .40, .357 Sig, .400 CorBon, .45 ACP, .38 Super--you name it.

I don't know if there is a cost benefit to shooting .357 Sig in lieu of .40, but if you want to do it, it's certainly "doable". The magazines will be the big hurdle for ya! (May need a spacer for length)

Dan
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

The stock G29 mags should feed both .40S&W and .357SIG perfectly as is, when shooting each caliber with the appropriate conversion barrel installed. When I had my G20 a few years ago (sold it off last year), I had a KKM G20 .40S&W conversion barrel and a Federal Arms G20 .357SIG conversion barrel (bought both from Lone Wolf Dist.) for my G20 and both calibers fed perfectly from my G20 mags. I had no jams whatsoever with both conversion barrels shooting WWB .40S&W and GA Canned Heat .357SIG (never tried any JHP rounds with the two conversion barrels though). I now have a Lone Wolf Dist. .357SIG conversion barrel for my G35 (bought it 6 months ago or so) and it is flawless as well (Lone Wolf makes great quality barrels, actually I think they outsource the barrel creation out to someone else)). I still have my G29 (my only 10mm firearm now) and I have been toying with the idea lately of purchasing a Lone Wolf .40S&W conversion barrel for it.

Cool! That's good to know.

I know that Storm Lake will cut any chamber that you want, and do it cheap. When I asked about .38 Super for a GLOCK Open gun, they told me they'd do it for cost and $5 to thread the end for a comp--they were really excited about it!

As far as Lone Wolf--I get mine without the cheesy engraving on top (really hate that). Both are good quality barrels, and both have conventional rifling.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Links