Defensive Carry banner

New Sig Sauer P239 *PICS*

9K views 26 replies 25 participants last post by  cghorr01 
#1 ·
Just bought a brand new Sig Sauer P239 in .40 S&W, my favorite SD round. It is an exceptional firearm in my short experience with it (about 400 rounds now over the past two days without one malfunction, misfire or misfeed). 7 + 1 rounds of .40 S&W Gold Dot Hollow Point Personal Protection with an extra magazine holding 7 rounds. The night sights are great, very similar to my Ed Brown Kobra Carry 1911 night sights. The SA trigger is smooth and crisp with an excellent hammer. I carry with one in the chamber and in DA with the stronger trigger pull. Each shot after the first is in SA. It is a great pistol and although it is a little pricey, IMO it is an excellent choice as a CCW.

Maybe an ankle holster? What good makers and models are there?

Pics :image035: with a Hogue grip

Belly Band P239

My P239 in a Smartcarry holster with Extra Mag in pouch

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice pistol. I got that one in my "Wish List." Hope to get one by the summer.

#3 ·
got one on my wish list too. not sure if I will make it this year. Just got a used 229 for christmas and love it!

#7 ·
Congrats. I have that gun in two-tone and I think it is just crazy accurate for such a small barrel. I have 180gr HST for it, myself, and an MTAC to carry it around in.

#8 ·
I have a 239 also, in 9mm, and I love it. Feels good in my hand, feels good to shoot, very reliable, and not nearly as much recoil as the .380s, .40s, and .45s I've tried.

#9 ·
Pretty gun you got there.:congrats:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.