Defensive Carry banner

Sig 238 .380 Discussion Thread. (Merged)

25K views 146 replies 81 participants last post by  JimmyC4 
#1 · (Edited)
Sig 238 .380 Pistol (Photos from Ken Lunde) almost identical to the Colt Mustangs

Just the thing to replace my Colt Mustangs with. :image035:

See less See more
#15 ·
No they are SAO.

Looks like there's a mainspring housing pin at the bast of the grip frame, looks to me like the did a little redesign hence the fatter grip.

My Colt .380s aren't going anywhere except the safe, parts are getting harder to find and I'd hate myself if anything ever broke on them during use.

I'm just hoping that Sig will offer all three sizes that Colt did.

#16 ·
I wished sig would hurry and get them available. These are gonna be big in the market.
I just can't get over how good they look !

#17 ·
WOW that two one is beautiful-I was thinking of looking real close at the kahr p380-but my real love is Sigs-have to think this through now!

#19 ·
Why, oh why, SIG! My must-buy list is definitely growing faster than I can cross things off of it.

This looks awesome---and I hope there's a 9mm version of it somewhere down the line, too!

#21 ·
I handled one at the show yesterday. Pretty nice overall. Thumb safety was a little gritty and stiff but that would probably break in. The trigger was fair but a trip to a good gun plumber would make it great. Nice weight and aluminum grips felt good. Yeah, if I had the money I could see one in my future.

#28 ·
They may both be chambered in 380, but they look like much different pistols to me. The P380 is clearly a pocket pistol. This new Sig looks to be a subcompact that may fit in some pockets, but much beefier.

There are not any comparative pics so I could be wrong, but that is my opinion so far.

#26 ·
I love my P232, it is my "church gun" but it is to big for pocket carry. I have wanted one of these new Sigs as soon as I saw the first pic a month ago. Have they actually set a release date yet? And is that $500 quote Sigs MSRP or your guess? I don't think it will be a good seller if it is much more than $500. Time will tell.

NCH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.