keep the beretta or go kel-tec or bersa?

This is a discussion on keep the beretta or go kel-tec or bersa? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; im already considering trading or selling my beretta 9000s F9 i like the way it shoots but im not a fan of the 9mm and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: keep the beretta or go kel-tec or bersa?

keep the beretta or go kel-tec or bersa?

im already considering trading or selling my beretta 9000s F9

i like the way it shoots but im not a fan of the 9mm and im considering something even a little smaller in size than the beretta.

should i consider the Kel-tec P3AT .380 or a Bersa thunder .380 as a trade or replacement for the beretta?

pro's and cons of the two guns?

i already have a PT 24/7 .45 acp that i love, but im looking for a pistol i can carry when wearing a t-shirt or when i dont want to carry the 45 . the beretta just seems a little too big for that.

2. Remove Ads

The Kel-Tec will drop into almost any pocket completely invisible. The Bersa will not. The Bersa is more accurate since it is a longer gun. If you don't mind wearing the Bersa in a holster, I would say go for it. However if you want a gun that you can drop in a pocket, then it's the Kel-Tec.

it you want a pocket gun then it is the kel tec. they drop right in. hard to beat a small pocket gun like the p3at.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I so wanted to like my Beretta 9000s f, It looked so cool and it was in the Movie “Minority report”. But I never like the safety, to stiff, and ejected cases would some times hit me in the face. OK at the range with glasses on, but what if I was hit in the eye when it mattered most. I got a Great trade in price for it and bought my Kel-Tec PF-9. I can’t say enough how I love the PF-9. I just put a Houge rubber grip on it and it is Great. BUT if I had the choice and was willing to spend the extra cash I would get a Walther PPS in 40 s&w. Oh I forgot you don't like 9mm you want smaller not better (bigger). Have you looked at the new Ruger LCP in .380? it is better looking and seems to be made better then my kel-tec. And is a great pocket pistol as is my PF-9.

Please check out :: Bersa Talk ::
    Heavily Medicated For Your Protection

You don't say why you don't like a 9mm if it's because you feel it's under powered and you're looking at downsizing to a 380 that makes no sense to me.Also the smaller mouse guns or even a keltec 9mm are not range guns,you shoot about 4 magazines of ammo and your hand feels it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

bersa or feg

i know ill probably get shot down but i prefer my pa63 over my brothers .380 bersa,its a little larger but they look almost identical he wished hed got one for 139.00 instead of 250.00 for the bersa,but both are reliable,ive turned quite a few people on to them fegs.its a better buy and a bersa isnt twice the gun.

I have both the Kel-tec and Bersa Thunder 380. The Kel-tec is a pocket gun and the Bersa can be one if it is the right pants or coat pocket. The Bersa works very well for IWB carry but the one that is always on me is the P3AT because it can be always on me.

Hope this helps and let us know what you do.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

thanks for the replies.

i dont mind a 9mm, i should of explained myself better. i dont care for the beretta in the 9mm configuration.

i have a guy that wants to trade me a new kel-tec p3at, 3 magazines, case and 250 rounds for my beretta. im considering it.

my local gun shop has the bersa, kel-tec, and the ruger LCP....i had forgot about the LCP.

I like my Kel-Tec

I carry a Bersa thunder in a pocket holster, no problems.

Distinguished Member
    If the major factor in trading is so that you can carry when ever you want with little concern with dress----only 1 choice P-3AT of the one's you listed.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Daughter likes her Bersa 380 CC model. Lots of folks say they're well-built. Nowhere near as tiny as the P3AT/LCP, though.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by jaidedeye View Post
    im already considering trading or selling my beretta 9000s F9

i like the way it shoots but im not a fan of the 9mm and im considering something even a little smaller in size than the beretta.

should i consider the Kel-tec P3AT .380 or a Bersa thunder .380 as a trade or replacement for the beretta?

pro's and cons of the two guns?

i already have a PT 24/7 .45 acp that i love, but im looking for a pistol i can carry when wearing a t-shirt or when i dont want to carry the 45 . the beretta just seems a little too big for that.
    Why not both? Both are inexpensive, so you shouldn't have to cough up much - if any - to add to your Beretta's trade value. Then you'd have a CC gun, a pocket gun, or a CC-plus-a-BUG, both in the same caliber for convenience.
    Just a thought.

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick.
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by chuck brick View Post
    Why not both? Both are inexpensive, so you shouldn't have to cough up much - if any - to add to your Beretta's trade value. Then you'd have a CC gun, a pocket gun, or a CC-plus-a-BUG, both in the same caliber for convenience.
    Just a thought.

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick.
    well id trade it in and most gun stores wont give more than $200 on a $400 gun on trade...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links