I must have drank the coolaid

This is a discussion on I must have drank the coolaid within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I really dont know what possesed me but I picked up a p3at today ( boot on a trade ) its second generation. have not ...

Thread: I must have drank the coolaid

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

I must have drank the coolaid

I really dont know what possesed me but I picked up a p3at today ( boot on a trade ) its second generation. have not shot it yet but the action feels much better than a friends first gen. It will be interesting to see if it shoots any better for me than his first gen does . ahh well if not ill give it to the wife or the daughter for a spare carry gun lol ( it shure isnt going to replace my kahr pm9 )

2. Remove Ads

I've got a P32 that runs just fine. I can keep all the shots in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket at about 25 feet or so. Would beat throwing rocks -- but I need to practice running and shooting back over my shoulder with it, because if I'm down to it, I had better be moving to cover really fast.
    Seriously, I like it for what it is, a pure little backup gun. I bought it new about a year ago, so I don't know what generation it is, but I did pick it even in 32 ACP as I'd heard there were some issues with the 380s. I figured it would really be a toy to just shoot a bit and sell, but give yours a bit of time. You might come to like it, too.

Hope you enjoy your new P3AT :)

DavidIII: The P32 (.32acp) doesn't really have the 1st or 2nd generation issue, it's just the P3AT (.380acp), and it's quite easy to tell the difference. If there's a honkin' big bit of the extractor coming up over the top of the slide, with a rather large bolt holding it in place, it's 2nd gen :)

I liked the looks of the 1st gen much better, but I'll sacrifice looks for reliability any day, and it's not like the kel-tek's are going to win any beauty contests anyway!

They are what they are... something you can carry when you can't carry something larger, or as a backup. There's really no competition for them in their given niche and price range.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Assistant Administrator
    RR - if this G2 is what they are saying it is then you will have a very handy pocket piece on hand. Go give it a good workout when ya can - and hopefully you'll come back to post that all is good!

My G1 which I sold on - was never what I had hoped and once I had an R9 it became obsolete anyways.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

cmidkiff -- thanks for the info!! Now I'll know when I see a 380acp one.... meaning I'll probably buy one of them.

We can't seem to keep the 380s or the 32s in stock........They all sell out real quick........must be a good piece, cuz we rarely see one come in on trade
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Administrator
    It's always appreciated when CLASS3NH adds the Real Gun Store World perspective as to how a given firearm is doing in the way of sales, returns, & trades.
    Thanks CLASS3
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I've got a P32 that runs just fine. I can keep all the shots in the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket at about 25 feet or so.
    David, what ammo are you using ??? My friend's P32 won't do that. His shots always go right through the bottom of the bucket

Just kidding .... anyway, he likes his and keeps it as a backup. Enjoy your P32

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    It's always appreciated when CLASS3NH adds the Real Gun Store World perspective as to how a given firearm is doing in the way of sales, returns, & trades.
    Thanks CLASS3
    You're very welcome there QK .. ...These little Kel-Tec guns blow out the door. Last week, I sold 5 of em (2 in one night 3 over the weekend)..all 32s cuz we had no 380s in stock. .I see so much come and go at the Store, that I have a pretty good handle on what sells and what takes a nose dive..
    We sell em new for 239-269 depending on finish..etc.
    Used ones sell for 180.00-210.00 with box/papers.. so they hold their value
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    first range ( plinking ) report , there is a world of differance in the gen1 and gen2 p3at's . informaly me and a friend had to go 30 miles or soi to help another friend with a project, on the way we flipped a can over a fence off a county road ( redneck range ya know ) at about 15 yards said can suffered 10 solid hits and a grase or two out of 2 mags shot , i dont think i will trade other guns for another p3at but this little sucker seems to shoot , i may well hang onto it t all o fit that little something to put in my pocket when i cannot carry a gun time .. no malfunctions , and on observation all rounds that missed the sideways can impacted within an inch or two of it top or bottom , recoil even seemed tamer than gen 1 ( maby not but it felt milder ) the main thing i noticed is that kel tech changed the sights, i did not have to deal with a " bent slide" for a front sight, had SMALL but standard sights , other thing is you will get a " click " of trigger reset , pay no mind to it , fully release trigger and re pull cause the first click you feel/ hear will NOT fire a round , just something to be aware of , its a long pull everytime .. i am somewhat impressed and now invision me eating some of my words , as its shot i will keep the forum up to date , i dobut i do a real range report tho there are plenty of them , i will allow others to shoot it , and report impressions or problems , after all we are not about range reports here we are about what may work , and this little sucker may make a get off me gun at a reasoable price , time will tell

Assistant Administrator
    Thx RR that is pretty reassuring.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    this little sucker may make a get off me gun at a reasoable price , time will tell

Great phrase, that's exactly what they are! Never heard it put that way but it definitely fits.
    Jack

Links