Defensive Carry banner

1911 carry

2K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  OD* 
#1 ·
Any input on carrying a full size 1911 series pistol?

#2 ·
Do it daily. I carry my PT1911 Condition 1 IWB.

#3 ·
I do

I carry a Colt 1991 Stainless. Get a good holster and a good belt and commit to carrying it. I use a Brommeland holster, a belt made custom locally, and a Fist mag carrier.

#5 ·
Do you mean like a Kimber Ultra Carry II, 3" 1911?

Or are you asking, other than 1911's?

#8 ·
Quoted for emphasis. I have, and occationally do carry my 1911. Just as easily as my Glock.

#7 ·
I recommend that you use the :search: feature. There's much to read on this topic.

#9 ·
Full size 1911 carry not a problem. For OWB pay particular attention to getting a high quality carry rig and don't forget the good stiff gun belt.
It helps if the holster that you choose has some forward cant.
I won't get into what exact holster you should buy since there are so many great makers putting out super high quality daily carry rigs.

#12 ·
My most common daily carry rig, Wilson Combat CQB 5 inch w/ Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 horsehide/shark trim. Wilderness 5 stitch Instructor Belt and WRB pocket double magazine holder round it out.

#15 ·
I carry a Commander sized 1911... 3/4" more wouldn't make any difference. It's all in the holster! :hand10:

#16 ·
I've transitioned into a Dan Wesson Commander Bobtail in an UBG OWB Regulator.

I have 2 8 round mags in one of his OWB mag holsters on my other hip.

For me, and other than a little more weight, they conceal effectively as well as the 3" Kimber in a VMII IWB.

And I'm much happier with the greater accuracy and reliability of the Dan Wesson.

#17 ·
Every day, cocked + locked.

Now that I have an officer's model I'll carry that on occasion, but mostly it's the 5" that gets the nod. The Hi Power's just about the size of a commander, just a different feel in the grip. Grip angle's just about the same as the 1911's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.