S&W M&P 45 compact questions

This is a discussion on S&W M&P 45 compact questions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I handled one of these today and really liked it a lot but I have a few questions,I tried to search but what I did ...

I handled one of these today and really liked it a lot but I have a few questions,I tried to search but what I did find on this gun didn't answer my questions so here goes. First do the M&P .45 compacts have the same mag drop issues as the 9 & .40 compacts had,or was that a bad run limited only to those two models?

Also are the M&P offered with and without the internal lock(or was it a mag disconnect)? This last question may seem a bit strange but is it just me or is anyone else here concerned about the trigger being two pieces? My concern about this is that it could break possibly,is this a legitimate concern or am I being paranoid about this? Thanks guys for any help on this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    I handled one of these today and really liked it a lot but I have a few questions,I tried to search but what I did find on this gun didn't answer my questions so here goes. First do the M&P .45 compacts have the same mag drop issues as the 9 & .40 compacts had,or was that a bad run limited only to those two models?

Also are the M&P offered with and without the internal lock(or was it a mag disconnect)? This last question may seem a bit strange but is it just me or is anyone else here concerned about the trigger being two pieces? My concern about this is that it could break possibly,is this a legitimate concern or am I being paranoid about this? Thanks guys for any help on this.
    Go here to get all your questions answered. The #1 Compact, Full Size, and Modified M&P Pistol Source :: MP-Pistol.com

I have 6 M&Ps and have had no problems. Yes you are being paranoid
    John

NRA Life Member
    TSRA

The mag drop issues with the 9c and 40c have been resolved. I actually have an early production 9c and can honestly say I have had no problems. I would not be worried about similar issues with the 45c, and if by some slight chance something does come up, Smith & Wesson will take care of it for you.

Also are the M&P offered with and without the internal lock(or was it a mag disconnect)?
    The M&Ps are offered in various configurations. Not including sights or the MA compliant trigger, you have the choice of:
    • No Safeties;
    • Magazine Safety;
    • Magazine Safety and Internal Lock.

This last question may seem a bit strange but is it just me or is anyone else here concerned about the trigger being two pieces? My concern about this is that it could break possibly,is this a legitimate concern or am I being paranoid about this? Thanks guys for any help on this.
    Probably just you being paranoid. Is there a possibility of the actual trigger breaking? Yes, anything can break. But the chances are so slim I think it is a mute point.

As john5 mentioned, MP-Pistol.com is worth checking out if you haven't done so already.

I personally think the M&P is an excellent handgun.

I carry my M&P45 compact as my primary carry gun (although the fullsize 45 is in the SuperTuck as we speak). I have had 0 issues with any of my 4 M&Ps that I have owned. Neither have I heard from anyone I know that has a M&P of their having any issues. You know how the internet is...you hear the bad about 1,000,000 times faster and more frequently....I would say that at the worst the "issues" were on the early run models.

As far as the trigger is concerned...Yeah, your being paranoid!
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Links