Finally took my gun to the range!!

This is a discussion on Finally took my gun to the range!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, just got back today from finally getting to a range with my new M&P9c. Wow, I'm really happy with it. It was my first ...

Thread: Finally took my gun to the range!!

Well, just got back today from finally getting to a range with my new M&P9c. Wow, I'm really happy with it. It was my first ever range trip, and I thought I did pretty acceptable.

Only had one issue, one piece of spent brass didn't eject I'm assuming it was just something wrong with the round. It was WWB 115. I shot 100 rounds of that and 10 rounds of Federal HST 124.

I can't wait to get a little more range time in when I can fit it. But I deffinently think I made a good first gun choice!!!
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Congrats on the M&P9c! That is my weapon of choice and my EDC. I wouldn't be too worried about the FTE. Most likely just teething. Get some more rounds through it and enjoy!

Administrator
    A FTE in your first 100 rounds through a new pistol...I would't be too very concerned about that at all.

Steve, congrats on a GREAT gun! I just traded my 9c of a FS 45. Loved the little guy, just didn't carry it enough to justify keeping it. Now I have a 9L, 45c and 45 full size. Love these guns! Don't worry about the FTE, in the first 100 rounds you can expect these type of issues on any weapon. Even every Glock I have ever owned had a FTE or 2 in the first couple of mags (I am not implying that the Glock is better, just comparing to another high quality ubber reliable handgun).
    Pray for our nations leaders!

alright, glad to hear from all you guys that a FTE is nothing to worry about early on. That happened within the first two mags I believe, then the rest of the rounds went off flawlessly.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Congratulations on the new Smith & Wesson M&P 9c! I have one and love it, I've never had a problem with it. The trouble is, my wife likes it too and I think she has claimed it as her own...

Max

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSteve View Post
    Well, just got back today from finally getting to a range with my new M&P9c. Wow, I'm really happy with it. It was my first ever range trip, and I thought I did pretty acceptable.

Only had one issue, one piece of spent brass didn't eject I'm assuming it was just something wrong with the round. It was WWB 115. I shot 100 rounds of that and 10 rounds of Federal HST 124.

I can't wait to get a little more range time in when I can fit it. But I deffinently think I made a good first gun choice!!!

Not bad at all,just clean it lube & hudreds of more rounds ought to do Congrats On the 9c Shoot more GREAT GUN

Links