New to the XD club

This is a discussion on New to the XD club within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is just a cool little story I would like to share with you guys and gals with regard to how I became a member ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to the XD club

New to the XD club

This is just a cool little story I would like to share with you guys and gals with regard to how I became a member of the XD45 club. This will be my main carry once it is tried and trusted. I got my concealed carry license a few days ago and have wanted to trade one of my pistols (Springfield GI micro) in on one I have been eyeing. A Springfield XD45. I went to the gun shop where I bought it and asked about trade in value and the guy gave me a number that was insulting to me, so I just said thanks but no thanks and started out the door. Then this guy that was at the counter, another customer, stops me and asked what it was I was interested in selling. So I stopped and showed him and we chatted for a minute about it and he showed a little interest in it and asked me to meet him outside after he made his purchase and I agreed. He bought a grip or something for his wife and then he came out. While I was waiting I told my wife, heck lets just go and she encouraged me to wait for the guy just to see what he wanted. It turns out that this guy, I still don't know his name or anything, has been looking for the pistol I had as his friend had got one and he really liked it. We talked for a few more minutes about it and then he asked what I wanted for it and I told him to make and offer and we could go from there. He told me he would give me 400 bucks for it (I only paid 425 2 years ago, though it is like new I only shot about 5 or 6 rounds out of it) and I said that would be fine. He peeled off 400 dollars and we made the deal right in front of this place. I went back in and got the pistol I have been wanting. I never am in the right place at the right time but the planets must be aligned for me today!!! What a freakin story...I am so stoked I can't believe it.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I smell smoke from the comming flames.
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

You sold a gun to a guy in a parking lot and didn't even get his name?
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace" George Washington

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I usually try not to break the law.......and when I do I don't tell everybody about it!
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

I would enjoy the thread while it is here the mods will prob shut u down...discussing illegal activity is verboten.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

It depends on the state (and I have no knowledge of Georgia law) but here in Virginia that would have been legal. So long as he didn't have knowledge the man was going to commit a felony with the pistol, its legal. A bill of sale can be attained for future documentation, but its not necessary.

Welcome to the XD club. My XD9 has been my EDC for nearly 2.5 years now.
    Ten Simple Rules of Life as a Gunfighter:
    #2: Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.
    #10: Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    There was no law broken. It was a legal face to face sale. There is no requirement to do FFL between two private parties within the same state.

Welcome to the XD community!! I have an XD45 also and I love it. I want more XD's in the future. Probably an XD40 is next.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Perfectly legal in Idaho - private sale between private citizens, as long as you don't already know he's going to do something felonious with it.

Welcome to the club - I'm packing an XD40 sc as I type!

Legal in KY. Welcome to XD club and congrats on the XD45, I love my XD9, sure you will love the XD45.
    Semper Fi

To those of you who made comments about this being illegal. If you know that for a fact, it would probably have been better to handle that by PM'ing a moderator and/or PM'ing the original poster.
    If you don't know for a fact that his actions were illegal based on the laws of HIS state...you're out of line.

Let's get back on topic...

Froggy, congrats on the good deal, I'm not an XD fan but I hope it works for you.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Completely legal in GA.

Glad you got what you wanted.
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    I usually try not to break the law.......and when I do I don't tell everybody about it!
    It is my understanding that there is no law in Georgia that requires me get anything from this guy but his money. I don't think any law has been violated.

Thanks for replying everyone. I guess I shouldn't assume everyone in our great nation has the same rights as we enjoy here in Georgia. Next time I will be sure to spell that out, sorry I am new here. I now know there are at least several states I could never reside in. thanks again. Off to the range to see if I will be as satisfied with this deal as I think I will be!

Congratulations on your XD. That's a great pistol!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Congrats on the XD45, that's one of the pistols I want as my EDC! Did you get the Service or Compact model? You'll have to let us know how it shoots when you get a chance.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, & may posterity forget you were countrymen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links