Glock 30 trigger swap

Glock 30 trigger swap

This is a discussion on Glock 30 trigger swap within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am going to install a GHOST Ultimate 3.5# Trigger connector in my G30sf and while I am at it I would like to swap ...

Thread: Glock 30 trigger swap

Glock 30 trigger swap

I am going to install a GHOST Ultimate 3.5# Trigger connector in my G30sf and while I am at it I would like to swap out my trigger for the smooth trigger that is in the G21. I would think that the trigger should fit but I wanted to make sure. Will the G21 trigger fit in the G30?

Also, anybody have any opinions on the GHOST trigger connectors?

Here's a primer. More can be found with a search I'm sure. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...host+connector

I don't know about swapping the G21 for the G30 trigger. I do know I've put the G17 smooth trigger in my G27 though. And in the baby 40 cal Glock, and a range practice of a mere 100 rounds makes a lot of difference with the smooth trigger compared to the serrated for sure. I'm not torturing my trigger finger any more! We'll have to do some research on the 45 auto Glock trigger swaps. I've never heard of it yet.

i have swap out triggers in all of the glock 40's and 9mm cals glocks. i have not done any on my 45 cal glocks. if i remember when i was getting the new parts for the 40's and 9mm the book showed that they cross over. they have the same part number. the glock 45 guns had a different stock number. now i have had the 45 a part and the trigger looks the same as the other cals. i might drop in a g27/23 trigger in the g36/30 to see if it will work.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    i have swap out triggers in all of the glock 40's and 9mm cals glocks. i have not done any on my 45 cal glocks. if i remember when i was getting the new parts for the 40's and 9mm the book showed that they cross over. they have the same part number. the glock 45 guns had a different stock number. now i have had the 45 a part and the trigger looks the same as the other cals. i might drop in a g27/23 trigger in the g36/30 to see if it will work.
    As far as I know, the G36 is a Glock of it's own. G36 has specific parts only for the G36. Just the way it is I suppose. 10% chance I'm wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetalman View Post
    I am going to install a GHOST Ultimate 3.5# Trigger connector in my G30sf and while I am at it I would like to swap out my trigger for the smooth trigger that is in the G21. I would think that the trigger should fit but I wanted to make sure. Will the G21 trigger fit in the G30?

Also, anybody have any opinions on the GHOST trigger connectors?

I understand that the GHOST trigger connector has to be hand fitted. I went with the GLOCK 3.5 trigger connector on my 30SF and I really like it.BIG difference from the stock connector. The trigger was so much better,I felt there was no need to go with the smooth trigger. My 2 cents. Good luck.

Against all advice to the contrary, I put a Ghost 3.5# Ultimate in my 30. My long-distance accuracy improved measurably, and it feels great.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right. - Learned Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Blademan21 View Post
    I understand that the GHOST trigger connector has to be hand fitted. I went with the GLOCK 3.5 trigger connector on my 30SF and I really like it.BIG difference from the stock connector. The trigger was so much better,I felt there was no need to go with the smooth trigger. My 2 cents. Good luck.
    GHOST makes both drop in and parts that have to be fitted. The one I am looking at is one of the drop in models.

Call the folks at Glockmeister and ask them about the trigger. They are very helpful and friendly. I have the ghost ultimate in several of my Glocks and like them fine. I would steer clear of the Rocket though.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, as I have..

I was just reading the Ghost installation manual this morning. Keep us posted on your project.

The Glock 21 trigger w/ trigger bar should fit fine in your 30. The 36 will not fit. The 36 is its own entity with respect to several parts.

I put in stock 3.5# connectors in my Glocks. I'm not a fan of aftermarket parts, but others don't seem to have issues. To each his own. I had a 3.5# connector in my 23 with the stock trigger spring and it was SCARY LIGHT. I would recommend putting in a NY1 (olive) trigger spring in with the 3.5# connector. It makes for a very clean pull with a crisp break and reset. The pull will be 5.5 - 6#.

Good luck.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Links