New Addition (and a Subtraction)

This is a discussion on New Addition (and a Subtraction) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally purchased my first Glock today. Truth be told, I always shyed away from Glocks as my father has always said, "I want my ...

Thread: New Addition (and a Subtraction)

I finally purchased my first Glock today. Truth be told, I always shyed away from Glocks as my father has always said, "I want my guns to look good, too" and I guess I was indoctrinated with it.

In 2008 I purchased a Dan Wesson CBOB, H&K USPc .40 LEM, and then a S&W 640 .357 JFrame. For each of those last (3) purchases I also held the G36 and a G30SF before going with another gun.

Roughly a month ago I shot a G36 at the range and knew it was something I would love to carry/own. So after trying to like my JFrame with the .357 rounds and not warming up to it, I decided to sell it for a G36.

I posted it on a few forums and found someone offering me the deal of a lifetime: a straight trade for my 640 (I was asking $550) his G36 with less than 100 rds through it with:

1) LaserMax Red-Dot
    2) 5 Magazines
    3) BlackHawk Serpa Paddle Holster
    4) All original packaging and guide rod!

I snapped it up and today I came home with the G36 after a FTF transaction.

Pictures below. I also included a few pics of the rest of the plastic guns and the CBOB:

"Plastic" Pistols:

Current Lineup:

So that makes (1) 9mm, (1) .40S&W, and (2) .45ACP

Im loving this new lineup.
    Ten Simple Rules of Life as a Gunfighter:
    #2: Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.
    #10: Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Yeah, I passed up the 36 for probably the last time today. It just looks right. Good looking line up you have there!
    Last edited by kingdaddyoh; January 18th, 2009 at 12:14 AM. Reason: mis-spelled

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    You scored bro. That Lasermax alone is worth $300ish and a brand new G36 is about $500 (my price from my FFL guy) but all Glocks are hard to come by these days. And that handful of mags and a plastic holster really sweetened the pot. I'd say your trade was a great deal.

Distinguished Member
    Nice line up, after you have carried and shoot them a while let us know which is your favorite, you are off to a great start.

Congrats and Welcome to the GLOCK fold!!!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Quote Originally Posted by kingdaddyoh View Post
    Good looking line up you have there!
    Thanks. Its hard to hold a gun so many times without eventually giving in. I should probably stop holding that Wilson 5" with Ivory grips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    You scored bro. That Lasermax alone is worth $300ish and a brand new G36 is about $500 (my price from my FFL guy) but all Glocks are hard to come by these days. And that handful of mags and a plastic holster really sweetened the pot. I'd say your trade was a great deal.
    It definitely was. The mags seem to be $25 a piece and the LaserMax while something I wouldn't have bought on my own, is a nice addition. I feel like I definitely got a great trade on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    Nice line up, after you have carried and shoot them a while let us know which is your favorite, you are off to a great start.
    I will be sure to report back. The USPc was an impulse purchase as it was on a fire-sale. I had heard great things about the LEM trigger but I actually haven't even fired it yet.

The XD and 1911 are sweet. The CBOB trigger is just perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    Congrats and Welcome to the GLOCK fold!!!
    Thanks. I knew it would happen at some point. I had felt a few and hated the block feeling of the grip. The grip just didn't work for me on most Glocks. The G36 was awesome and the G30SF was a close 2nd.

I need to get this one to the range with the USPc.
    #10: Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Congratulation! You got a great deal. I envy you...
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Nice line up. Glock 36 is a very nice gun. Wouldn't mind owning one myself
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Administrator
    R.E.Lee ~ The G36 fit with a LaserMax. That is a winning tight little deadly package & the exact same set-up that I have.

+1 on great deal

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    R.E.Lee ~ The G36 fit with a LaserMax. That is a winning tight little deadly package & the exact same set-up that I have.
    Glad to hear its a solid/proven combo. This is my first LaserMax, so the blinking laser is a bit new to me (I'm used to a steady beam), but its still pretty neat.

Its funny, the man who traded me was probably in his late 50s or early 60s and said that as he isn't as steady as he used to be, he would watch the laser dance around the target as his hands wavered, wondering when might be a good time to finally pull the trigger.

"WELCOME TO THE WONDERFULWORLD OF GLOCK"!! you scored dude..GREAT DEAL!! Both parties are happy couldn't ask for more.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Quote Originally Posted by old grunt View Post
    you scored dude..GREAT DEAL!! Both parties are happy couldn't ask for more.
    That was the best part. I enjoy meeting other gun guys, so it was nice that he found what he was looking for and I got an awesome deal on what I was looking for. Not to mention I saved the FFL transfer fees and shipping that I would have paid to get a good deal online. :)

Links