G26, M&P9c, or XD9c

G26, M&P9c, or XD9c

This is a discussion on G26, M&P9c, or XD9c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I own 2 glocks, G17 and G19. I want to purchase a sub compact gun for my sister to learn on and use. The G19 ...

View Poll Results: Which to choose if they all feel and perform the same for a shooter?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • G26

60 47.24%
  • M&P9c

34 26.77%
  • XD9c

33 25.98%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G26, M&P9c, or XD9c

G26, M&P9c, or XD9c

I own 2 glocks, G17 and G19. I want to purchase a sub compact gun for my sister to learn on and use. The G19 is a bit large for her to handle comfortably. So anyway, I am familiar with the Glock obviously and I have rented a sub compact XD, a G26, and a M&P compact. She fired all 3 guns well and seemed to be able to handle them easily. She didn't have any problems with any of them as far as the grip and feel was concerned.

I'm familiar with all the differences between them, but don't know how to decide which to purchase. She can handle all of them well and when asked didn't express any favoritism to one over the others. How does one choose based on these circumstances? We both feel that all 3 of them are very safe and accurate guns for their size. Should I just get the Glock because I own Glocks already, or is there something that would suggest the XDc or M&Pc over the Glock? I honestly think we could draw straws or something and be happy, but I'm going to ask the knowledgeable members here for advice here.

Is there anything that really makes any of these stand out from the other choices?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

You can't beat a GLOCK 26 for reliability and durability. You will also find a great GLOCK forum at Glock Talk Home
    Dr. Marshall C. St. John, pastor
    www.waysidechurch.org

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    You can't beat a GLOCK 26 for reliability and durability. You will also find a great GLOCK forum at Glock Talk Home
    I know owners and shooters of all 3 of these and nobody has expressed any reliability issues or concerns about theirs. That's why it's kind of a tough choice, all 3 of them are great weapons.

The only thing I noticed was how the XD and M&P had longer reset points than a Glock, but for her I don't even think she noticed that at all.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

glock.

jfl
    Glock Perfection !!!
    Check the track record.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

I figured there would be more Glock fans than anything else. I have to admit that I am leaning toward the Glock, but I do welcome any opinions to the contrary if there are any.
    -Thomas Jefferson

I don't feel I qualify as "knowledgeable", but I do own the xd9sc!

I chose the xd9sc for my gun, and I'm pleased with my decision. I chose it because I could look at it, and feel that it was cocked, as well as a round chambered. Not ever having had my own pistol, I liked those two features. I also like the hand grip, and trigger "safety". I did shoot a Glock 19, and the M&P, but preferred the xd. I seemed to be naturally more accurate with it. I thought it had a more comfortable grip too. It just fit me better.

Since you already have a few Glocks, why not tread the water and get something else?

What a nice brother you are!
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

if the gun is for your sister then let her pick the gun that SHE likes. she might want something else and/or she might like one of the three that you picked out.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I voted for the M&P9c since that is what I carry. I started out with the XD9sc as my EDC but once I shot the M&P platform, I knew it was for me. With that said, you really can't go wrong with a Glock. I would get a Glock 26 if I didn't have the M&P9c.

In the end though, it really comes down to what suits and works best for your sister.

I've got a Glock 27 (the .40 version) that I use for ankle carry in certain situations. I've never had a problem with it out of the box and it's more than accurate enough for short work. I also have the "pinky extensions" on the mags - I find they really help with the control and don't affect concealability much if at all.
    Good luck in your decision!
    Sarge
    Sarge's Grips - grips that fit
    www.thefinergrain.com

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    if the gun is for your sister then let her pick the gun that SHE likes. she might want something else and/or she might like one of the three that you picked out.
    Although I am a glock fan...I definitely agree with this statement. Coming from a woman's point of view...LET HER PICK HER OWN! lol. It's a woman thing. My boyfriend suggested different guns that would probably work better for me, but I chose the Glock 26 for my EDC gun when I am able to carry.
    "Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed." -Lowell Duckett

Bought my daughter a MP9c and she loves it,she had never shot a hand gun before
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Let her pick. If she knows quality she will go with the M&P though!
    Pray for our nations leaders!

i have owned all 3 but my love goes to the mp9c now, the g26 is still one my favorite guns from glock but you cant beat the mp line,they just fit like a glove

As you stated, you are familiar with the platform. Therefore, I say 26. Plus if you are ever out together and the need arises, she can use your spare mags.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links