New Sig229 W/ Rails *PIC* - Page 5

New Sig229 W/ Rails *PIC*

This is a discussion on New Sig229 W/ Rails *PIC* within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, I went to a gun shop/range today and tried out several pistols: CZ 75 in 9mm, Glock (one of the tiny ones) in .40, ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Okay, I went to a gun shop/range today and tried out several pistols: CZ 75 in 9mm, Glock (one of the tiny ones) in .40, and a Springfield X (something) in .40. Later the sales guy let me handle his own Sig 229 in .40. The Sig felt the best of the four guns and I really liked the double action trigger pull. So...I'll probably be shopping for a Sig 229 with DAC trigger and their SAS model cuz it is so darned pretty (and the wife might even deign to shoot it).

Y'all have been real helpful on this forum and I appreciate the opportunity to read along...

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by flyinghog
    Okay, I went to a gun shop/range today and tried out several pistols: CZ 75 in 9mm, Glock (one of the tiny ones) in .40, and a Springfield X (something) in .40. Later the sales guy let me handle his own Sig 229 in .40. The Sig felt the best of the four guns and I really liked the double action trigger pull. So...I'll probably be shopping for a Sig 229 with DAC trigger and their SAS model cuz it is so darned pretty (and the wife might even deign to shoot it).

Y'all have been real helpful on this forum and I appreciate the opportunity to read along...

Larry
    Glad you liked it Larry,

But the following is JUST MY OPINION!

Personally, I really dislike Double Action only auto's. Such as the SIG DAK.

I think you should get the regular trigger action which is the first shot being DA and all the following shots are in single action. Also, you have the de cocking lever in case you change your mid and you can easily let the hammer down and in no way will the gun fire.

This makes each shot much more accurate faster and trigger pull is shorter. Much better for any self defense scenario IMHO.

Plus, you can still get the rails to add on your favorite gizmo.
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

I carry and shoot both 1911's and Sigs. I even have a Glock laying around somewhere in the gun safe. My first go to gun is my Kimber. I just shoot it better and feel more confident with it.

I love my Sig 228, had the thing for over twelve years, carried it a lot, was one time my only carry gun, shot a lot of rounds out of it, but still feel a lot more confident with the 1911's I learned on. Maybe it is a old fart think, I don't know.

I have a Smith 1911Sc with CT lazer grips that is great and with my failing eyesight you would think it would be a better gun for me to carry. I also have that Glock with a LazerMax in it. My Sig 228 is a familiar gun that I know I can hit with and handle very well. But in the end I still feel a lot better with that Kimber Pro.

Why? Maybe because I like my women with dark hair instead of blond hair? Who can say. Maybe just because I am a old fart and that is what I want....

People was talking about larger capacity. I am a civilian. I am not going to use my gun to go in harms way and chase down BGs. I am going to use it to get myself out of a situation. I feel a larger capacity is needed in those type situations, I don't feel I have such a need. With nine rounds in the gun and two eight round backups I should have enough to fulfill that roll. If I felt I needed more I would go with an rifle and a lot of full mags.

Before you ask....Yes, I normally have a AR in the truck with several mags....

There is no explaining the human peculiarities.

By the way, glad I found this place. I like it here. Seems like a nice group of gentlemen.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links