Help!

This is a discussion on Help! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Should be getting my Kahr PM9 in about a week. Seemed like the perfect everyday gun for me. Then I went to another carry site ...

Thread: Help!

Help!

Should be getting my Kahr PM9 in about a week. Seemed like the perfect everyday gun for me. Then I went to another carry site and heard a lot of bad things about Kahrs. Especially the polymer models. Hope I did the right thing! Come on guys, tell me some good stuff. Thanks,
    Jeff

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator

There is much stuff online (good and bad) about the Kahr PM and MK pistols. I have noticed much of the info is old (and repeated in different forums), often referring to the earlier models.

I wanted a Kahr for a long time but was hesitant due to much of the rhetoric online. Recently I picked up a lightly used MK9 for my better half, thanks to the support and friendly advice from other members here. Havenít done a write up/pics yet due to many things going on at moment but I can say, it is a great gun so far. We did 150 rounds the first time out without a hiccup, impressively accurate and easy to shoot.

Be positive and break in your pistol right when you get it. If it doesnít work send it back. I bet it works well and you will be happy.

PS. Welcome to the forum from another NM person. You will find much helpful information here (donít forget the search function).

I have the slightly larger but similar CW9 and have had NO issues at all with it with about 900 rounds through it, even while breaking it in. Has decent sights, thin, light, and very reliable. Just keep it clean while breaking it in and it should prove to be a very good gun for you.

Couple months ago my wife took the CW9 to her ccw class through work and she said the LEOs there helping out all commented on how it was a good compact gun that's easy to carry.

So good luck with it! Overall I think they're a good mix between something that's easy to conceal while also being somewhat practical to take to the range to have a little fun with.

Have only heard GOOD things. My buddy, a retired NYPD Detective had a the "original"steel-frame 9mm as an authorized off-duty. He liked it. NYPD does NOT give officers HUGE selections on weapons so their "endorsement" speaks volumes. Enjoy It!! Good shooting !
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Don't think a nother second about it.

For one you already bought one right? Stop looking and make up your own mind if it is the right choice. I believe it to be a fine gun, BUT DO NOT rely on it untill it has been properly broken in! I shoot at least 200 rounds through any gun before I carry it, and they better be flawless rounds or I won't carry it. The Kahr is a weapon that is prone to failures UNTIL broken in. My dad carries a PM9 and has yet to have even a hiccup after break in.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

It sounds like you have buyers remourse and haven't fired a round yet. Pick your gun up next week along with 200 or so rounds of ammo, read the owners manual, clean-lube and go shoot it. I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Quit listening to the naysayers. If something does go wrong with it Kahr will fix it.

Thanks guys! I'll break it in right and take care of it too. Can't wait to get it (and my CCW license).

Links