H&K Fans

H&K Fans

This is a discussion on H&K Fans within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Were or are the H & K P2000 models popular? What are the most popular models? Thanks in advance...

Thread: H&K Fans

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar

H&K Fans

Were or are the H & K P2000 models popular? What are the most popular models?

Thanks in advance

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    The P2000sk is very popular with me.

The P200 is a great weapon. I think people tend to shrug them off as a Glock is $500 and a HK is $800. An HK is a more refined, better crafted, and overall nicer weapon than a Glock, but price wise you know...

P2000sk is probably more popular than the normal P2000.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Is the P2000sks the same size as the P2000 european version of the P2000 ?

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Pure Kustom, here's a great website to explain all things HK ...

HKPRO:* Contents

as well as their own site...

Heckler&Koch

The P2000SK is about 3/4" shorter from the trigger guard forward, and the grip (with the standard 9-round mag in .40) is about 1/2" shorter. The P2000SK will accept the magazines from the P2000 and USPc models. (Those are the same magazines.) To fill the gap between the shorter frame's grip and the longer magazines, HK has a spacer called the X-Grip. Works great. Using the longer magazines makes the SK's grip identical in length to the larger P2000 and USP Compact.

The P2000SK is a VERY accurate pistol, far better than I ever expected with such a short sight radius. Actually, I can't really use that as an excuse any more... Just an absolutely awesome pistol, well worth the money.

Another nod to the P2000SK.

Rivers . . . Please I tell everyone "it's the gun" when I shoot poorly. They have no idea how accurate this gun is.

I'm a big fan of the P7. I owned a P2000 LEM 9x19mm for a while. It was a nice shooting gun, but didn't really do anything better than most of the other first tier polymer autos out there. Its a nice gun, but at 1/3 to 1/2 of the cost again over a Glock 19 or S&W M&P, I wouldn't make the purchase again.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Now I know why people say they are good guns but there customer service sucks!!! On hold for 30 Min. and havent talked to anyone yet from their company. I guess they really don't want the business or don't need it.

For as much as they charge for their firearms you would think they would have more than 1 person answering the phones...........

Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    Another nod to the P2000SK.

Rivers . . . Please I tell everyone "it's the gun" when I shoot poorly. They have no idea how accurate this gun is.
    I used to put it all off on the shorter sight radius. But then, at the range last weekend, at 15+ yards, I put my first shot absolutely dead center head shot on the target. Theoretically, that was exactly where I was aiming. My first thought was to reel the target back in, pack up my stuff and leave. No matter what shooting I did from that point on, it was going to be downhill from there! (However, my desire to shoot overtook my ego, my scores dropping from Dirty Harry to merely Competent.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    Now I know why people say they are good guns but there customer service sucks!!! On hold for 30 Min. and havent talked to anyone yet from their company. I guess they really don't want the business or don't need it.

For as much as they charge for their firearms you would think they would have more than 1 person answering the phones...........
    I've had entirely different experiences with HK's Customer Service. I've had trigger conversions done quicker than the quoted 10 days. Whatever parts I needed (springs, etc. as spares) they had in stock. Most important is that my HKs never required repair. My work was customizing and at my discretion. The pistols have been well worth the cost, when going bang each and every time is the standard.

Links