I did it and I don't know how I feel about it. . .

This is a discussion on I did it and I don't know how I feel about it. . . within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well in case you guys don't know I had some problems with my Kimber and I started a thread about it. Starting not to trust ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did it and I don't know how I feel about it. . .

Well in case you guys don't know I had some problems with my Kimber and I started a thread about it.

Starting not to trust my gun - DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum

I went to the gun store today and I wanted to see what the owner would give me for my Kimber and he gave me a good deal for it. So with a tight jaw I said I will take the trade. I got the money and put it on YES a Springfield XD 3 inch. I held it and knew that it was the one. So I orded an all black one. So now I am headed for the camera to sell off some accessories.

Now being new to Springfield any accessory that are a must have.
    Last edited by HotGuns; January 19th, 2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: added a word to title
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

I would say just the usual stuff. Mags(factory-IMO), new sights if you prefer it and a good holster. Maybe a tac light if you wish. I have 1 on my xd 4" and really like it. I think with the 3" model you might need a micro light not the regular size(m3 or m6 size). But all in all it's what you like on the weapon and what helps you shoot. If you don't mind me asking what was your kimber doing? I have a pro carry II so i am curious. Thank-hoped this helped.

Sorry didn't see your other thread, I'll read it now

I feel your pain dude,I've had more than one gun that did not
    work out for me as well.
    As for the XD
    A friend for mine owns a few XDs and loves them so I think you will
    be happy.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

VIP Member
    Sorry, it doesn't sound like he gave you a deal. Your Kimber sells for $1000. + new, an xd is in the $55 0. range new. If you had to give him your Kimber + additional money it sounds like he screwed you over.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Sorry, it doesn't sound like he gave you a deal. Your Kimber sells for $1000. + new, an xd is in the $55 0. range new. If you had to give him your Kimber + additional money it sounds like he screwed you over.
    Maybe not when you read his other thread. The slide locked up to the frame (possibly a catastrophic problem) and required a rubber mallet to remove.

Nobody ever said Kimbers were priced appropriately either, I don't feel that they are but that's an opinion.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    elrey718, What happened with the SIG? I bought one after recommending it to you. Hope that dealer gave you a good price on the SA. I'll let you know how the SIG treats me. Best of luck and congrats on your non paper weight CCW.
    Glad you dumped that Kimber. I'd take my old 36 over it any day of the week. Know it's going to go Boom every time I squeeze the trigger.

RC
    Last edited by Sportsterguy; January 19th, 2009 at 08:16 PM. Reason: addition
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

You should feel good. You got rid of a chunk of metal that was worthless to you and, in return, got something that (hopefully) will restore your confidence and serve a useful purpose. Keeping the Kimber would have been a huge mistake.

What do you have for accessories?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elrey718 View Post

Now being new to Springfield any accessory that are a must have.
    I added a solid recoil spring rod and like it enough to recomend one.

As for the trade... you MUST have confidence in your CCW and enjoy it enough to shoot it a lot. I think you did the right thing.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

You did the right thing! Dumping the Kimber was a good move. You now have something that you can carry...well, when it comes in anyway! Let us know how it goes and don't be discouraged if you have a misfire in the first mag or two...break it in good and proper and carry with comfort!
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Well done. Look forward not back. I read all of your previous posts and you were ready for this trade. The XD will be just right for you (for now).
    NRA, IDPA, GSSF & GSSA member
    Certified Glock Armorer

Congrats on the XD. I picked up mine on Saturday and I am very happy with it after just one trip to the range. I fired about 100 rounds with no problems at all. Acceptable accuracy and flawless feed. The only negative thing I can agree with anyone on about the XD I own is the sites could be better but it is no show stopper. You will enjoy shooting it.

Distinguished Member
    XD9sc is my flavor, and it just goes bang. Nothing fancy, but it will bring your confidence back in a hurry.

If I hear a noise in the dark, of my guns, the one I want in my hand is the XD.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

so are you selling camera accessories to fund some of this??? What are you selling?
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I have dumped many. I don't lose any sleep. I tend to buy multiples (in different calibers) of the models I like. The rationale that you must keep every gun in nonsense. if it is a headache, dump it and move on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links