ok, so youve had your PPS 9mm for awhile. How do you like it?

This is a discussion on ok, so youve had your PPS 9mm for awhile. How do you like it? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have over a 1000 rounds through mine and it is a First Edition. Aside from the initial break-in, I've had no problems. Easy to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ok, so youve had your PPS 9mm for awhile. How do you like it?

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    I have over a 1000 rounds through mine and it is a First Edition. Aside from the initial break-in, I've had no problems. Easy to conceal. I vary from pocket, to IWB, to Smartcarry.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

2. Remove Ads

I have three "pocket" carry type pistols, a glock 27, a Bersa thunder 380 and a Bersa thunder .380 CC model. I like collecting guns and am thinking my next one may be a PPS. How do they compare as far as size goes with my other guns?

It is about the same size as your g27 but a lot thinner, think half the width of the g27.

VIP Member

Walther PPS .40S&W

I have a Walther P22 that I really like for Plinking. The only thing I don't like about it is that is does not have a capured recoil spring.

I also very much enjoy my Sig P250 9mm compact.

I also recently bought a Springfield Arms XP 9mm Sub compact with a Crimsom Trace Laser grip. It is about a half inch shorter that the Sig P250 but weighs slighly more and has much more kick on the recoil. The Laser grip also makes the overall grip a 1/4" wider.

I only bought the Springfield because no one makes a laser for the Sig P250 now and maybe not for another two years.

Now, I'm looking at the Walther PPS .40S&W. The Small Walther P22is so slim. If it is nearly the same, I can't wait to feel the ultra slim PPS.

The only deawback I see is the .40 only has a 6 round mag. I understand it has a 12 round make for 9mm but would like the extra stopping power of .40 for CCW.

If that does not work for me I will be looking at the Sig P239 SAS or a Walther P99 AS Compact.

Any Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    If that does not work for me I will be looking at the Sig P239 SAS or a Walther P99 AS Compact.

Any Thoughts?
    start thinking about how you might carry your CCW, and try it out and see how big you can go comfortably....then figure out what you like to shoot and try to find the best compromise between ease of concealment, and shooting comfort...they are competing variables; it's not an easy decision, and i've been struggling with it for a few weeks now.

See if you can shoot a few before you make a purchase.

Just a quick thought about the mag release. I hated it on an old S&W99 that I sold and was not sure on my H&K P2000sk but I loved the gun. Then someone told me to stop trying to release the mag with one lever, squeeze them both at the same time. Works like a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    Just a quick thought about the mag release. I hated it on an old S&W99 that I sold and was not sure on my H&K P2000sk but I loved the gun. Then someone told me to stop trying to release the mag with one lever, squeeze them both at the same time. Works like a dream.
    also: it makes it virtually impossible to active it while concealed.
    I have read of stories of accidentally activating the button mag release while concealed, though altering the method of carry should prevent this from happening too.

VIP Member

What to carry for CCW

Quote Originally Posted by batpot View Post
    start thinking about how you might carry your CCW, and try it out and see how big you can go comfortably....then figure out what you like to shoot and try to find the best compromise between ease of concealment, and shooting comfort...they are competing variables; it's not an easy decision, and i've been struggling with it for a few weeks now.

See if you can shoot a few before you make a purchase.
    I can conceal the Sig P250 Compact but not without a long jacket.
    The Springfield Arms XD sub compact is smaller but bulky.

I have my sights on the Walther PPS .40S&W. I think it will have the needed stopping power and will be safe to carry. It is difficult to try before you buy because most of the gun dealers don't stock these models.

I only use an outside the pant paddle holster. I shoot left or right so I have holsters for both left and right, usually right.

The Sig is my choice to shoot but the slimness of the Walther might be my choice for CCW.

BTY, I 'm new to this forum. Thanks for your reply.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links