ok, so youve had your PPS 9mm for awhile. How do you like it?

This is a discussion on ok, so youve had your PPS 9mm for awhile. How do you like it? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I eyeballing the PPS, due to its slimness. I just wanted to know how you owners really like it. Ive read that the trigger is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ok, so youve had your PPS 9mm for awhile. How do you like it?

I eyeballing the PPS, due to its slimness. I just wanted to know how you owners really like it. Ive read that the trigger is actually around 4.5 pounds, which is lighter than in the spec. What type of ammo does it like? Or does not like? Any other input would be a plus.....thnx
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

VIP Member
    I like mine, no regrets on buying it, and carried it all day IWB this past Sunday.

Initial thoughts are that it's thin, and I'm pretty sure the trigger travel is shorter than a Glock. Recoil seems low (mine is 9mm). I really dislike the mag release in the trigger guard, though I knew it when I bought it.

Mine so far, has been totally reliable. It is a bit ugly but that's not a real issue for me.

Good luck
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I have over 3000 rds thru mine. I like it. It shoots "Softer" than my G26 and other small guns. It conceals very easily on hip or in front pocket.
    The mags are too expensive and after market nights sights are non-existent.
    It make a great BUG gun. I trust it.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

DCT
    Happy with mine (9mm). I prefer the 7 round mag for daily carry as my pinky finger doesn't hang under the bottom of the magazine vs. the 6 round mag that also came with it. I have yet to have any ammo give me issues. I have ~900 rounds through mine and my wife has something like 800 through hers ... no issues. As everyone else has said on the other threads, recoil is light, cocking indicator is nice to have. I have the 6/7/8 round mags .. all work great with no issues. The 8 seemed like a good idea while browsing on the net, but I prefer the 7 round mag + 1 in the chamber for my daily CC.

I'm not sure what PPKHEAT finds ugly about it, but I don't take it personally. :-) I think it's a great little gun and perfect for daily CC.

I have 200 rounds through mine. No issues so far. I've used federal, american eagle and corbon ammo. I've been carrying it almost every day for the last 2 months. It carries well. I wouldn't carry in my pocket all the time but I have a desantis pocket holster for those times that I can't carry with a IWB holster. Overall, I'm happy. It's my primary CCW.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I have 1300+ rounds through my 9mm PPS and a couple hundred through the .40 and I couldn't be happier with the gun. It is my EDC gun and it has earned 100% of my trust. I carry in an el cheapo IWB Don Hume 715M and it fits like a glove. I may stop at Alessi's shop now that his daughter and former business partner are filling orders and see if I can get an Alessi IWB for it.

I use Winchester 147 grain SXT as the SD round and everything on the shelf at Walmart for the range and it eats everything. I even ran some aluminum cased 9mm that I picked up cheap and every shot goes bang every time.

Now that Walther is making a .380 in the P22 frame I will have to take a close look because I love the way the Molini designed grip of the P22 fits in my hand. Here it is in case you haven't seen it. It was just announced at SHOT:

Lead Moderator
    I like my 9mm too .It is a soft recoiling gun.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    If I didn't have a Kahr PM9, I'd be all over this gun.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

So far sounds like everyone has positive things to say. Reliability is at the top of my list, and judging from feedback all is good. I need to shoot one and see how I like the trigger. I imagine the mag release would take some getting used to. The thinness and conceal factor is what got me looking. Thanks for input
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

I am a lefty; 1400 rounds thru it without a failure except with Blazer aluminum cases. I really, really like the mag release. I believe it is a superb choice. In a pinch, it easily fits in rear jeans pocket. So light weight - and it conforms to mysize so that when I sit, there is no discomfort (6 ft, average wieght). I wear an OWB holster and untucked shirt. I could not be happier. Before my primary CCW was a Colt Officers. I will be taking Brownies Quick Kill class in March, so we will see how it holds up with large amount of rounds over two days. I love the natural point I get with this gun, terrific weight, concealability and reasonable ammo count.

EdC
    About 600 rounds through mine, no major problems, very reliable. Depending on clothing I'm wearing, I carry it with the 6 or seven round magazine, in CrossBreed, w/ "combat cut" or a DeSantis Nemisis for pocket carry. Small, slim, nice to shoot, very very accurate. I love the sights with the very very big white dots.

I use the small backstrap, like Sniafu's pic. Had to get a replacement backstrap from S&W, as the one I had developed a little play. Never caused a malfunction (it could, because the backstrap is the decocking mechanism), but as it's a self defense pistol, it worried me a little. If you search around a little, you'll find that backstrap issues are not uncommon. However, once you have the one you prefer installed, you never have to take it off.

Member Array carry for protection's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post

Now that Walther is making a .380 in the P22 frame I will have to take a close look because I love the way the Molini designed grip of the P22 fits in my hand. Here it is in case you haven't seen it. It was just announced at SHOT:

I need one of these!!!

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by EdC View Post
    (it could, because the backstrap is the decocking mechanism), .
    Actually the back strap attached disables the safety lock, not the decocker.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Wife has the 9mm (her EDC), I have the 40 (not my EDC) and both have been flawless. No problems with any ammo. Wife likes the mag release, I don't but it's not a deal breaker for me. I do carry mine occasionally but I like my Sig 239 better.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

After about 200 rounds thru my .40 S&W PPS the slide locked back. After that it locked back on every shot. Spring was broken on the slide lock sent it back to Walther last Saturday. Googled Walther PPS Slide problems and found a bunch of people that had the same problem, some multiple times. Hoping they have this bug fixed as I really like the gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links