Talk me out of a Sig

Talk me out of a Sig

This is a discussion on Talk me out of a Sig within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, so we all know I don't want to be talked out of one. I have come down with a hardcore case of Sig fever. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talk me out of a Sig

Ok, so we all know I don't want to be talked out of one. I have come down with a hardcore case of Sig fever. I mostly intrested in the P229. Anyone have one? If so what do you think about it? I want another gun in .40, and this looks like it might be it. Other than the P229, what other models of Sig do you/have you carried? Post pics if ya got 'em. Thanks!!
    God Bless America!!

Quote Originally Posted by Derrin33 View Post
    Ok, so we all know I don't want to be talked out of one. I have come down with a hardcore case of Sig fever. I mostly intrested in the P229. Anyone have one? If so what do you think about it? I want another gun in .40, and this looks like it might be it. Other than the P229, what other models of Sig do you/have you carried? Post pics if ya got 'em. Thanks!!
    Sorry, but I can't talk you out of it. I recently got a Sig P229 DAK and I simply love it! Great fit and finish, and it feels perfect in my hand. It's now my primary carry gun, and I might be buying another Sig in the near future!

Some of the guys here warned me that you can't just have one Sig, and I think they're right!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

VIP Member
    I have owned and carried all the SIG models... I hate to tell you this but, the P-229 .40 is awesome!

I like the P-220R SAO myself.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Two replys and both are very pro Sig. The only problem for me is the price. It's going to take me the better part of this year to save the money. I have my G23, 642, LCP, and XD45 but the Sig has been the object of my lust for about 6 weeks now. I've already started saving.. You wouldn't belive the amount of money your save when you quit smoking..........
    God Bless America!!

P229 is IMO the best SIG. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a Sig. Out of all the guns you currently own(as listed above), the SIG will out shoot all of them if you do your part at the range. Reliable as hell too.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Two replys and both are very pro Sig. The only problem for me is the price. It's going to take me the better part of this year to save the money. I have my G23, 642, LCP, and XD45 but the Sig has been the object of my lust for about 6 weeks now. I've already started saving.. You wouldn't belive the amount of money your save when you quit smoking..........
    I was put off at the price at first too, until I picked one up. Felt like it was made for my hand. I plan on getting other one, maybe a Sig
    P238 as a BUG.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    I have owned a P229 in .40 since they very first came out. I don't even know how long ago its been, but lots of years. I can still remember how excited I was walking into the gunshop and finally seeing it in the case after months of anticipation and reading about it in the gun mags. It was a ton of money back then but I have never regreted buying it. It is worth every cent.

I still own that same P229 today.

Very high quality, great controls, easy to field strip, always goes bang/very reliable.

Only CON is that they are on the heavy side if you plan to carry it. (I don't, range only, I carry a glock 19 or 26)

Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    I have owned a P229 in .40 since they very first came out. I don't even know how long ago its been, but lots of years. I can still remember how excited I was walking into the gunshop and finally seeing it in the case after months of anticipation and reading about it in the gun mags. It was a ton of money back then but I have never regreted buying it. It is worth every cent.

I still own that same P229 today.

Very high quality, great controls, easy to field strip, always goes bang/very reliable.

Only CON is that they are on the heavy side if you plan to carry it. (I don't, range only, I carry a glock 19 or 26)
    They might be a bit heavy, but with a good belt and holster it's not bad at all.

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Get the SIG!!! I bet you will have no buyer's remorse.

I've shot the P226, P229, and P239.

I chose the P229 in 9mm as my first gun, with 3 13-rd mags, and night sights, and it's been awesome. I'll never get rid of it. I've probably put 1500-2000 rounds through it, and never a hiccup, whether it's JHP defense ammo, or really crappy range ammo. I'm good about cleaning it, but I have gone a month where I was lazy and put a few hundred rounds through it in multiple range sessions without cleaning...no problem; business as usual. I'd trust my life to it...it WILL go bang every time.

It's disgustingly accurate...although I'm not. But, I'm growing into it slowly. It's build solid...superb quality.

I would recommend the P229 to anyone and everyone, and I think if I was just going to have one gun, I'd keep this one and call it quits. The P226 is nice to shoot, but felt too bulky to me (it was my bros., and I'm used to my P229). The P239 is great, and I'd like one of those as well, but not in exchange for my P229. I like the double stacked 13-rd mags that came with mine.

The only thing that can really talk you out of a Sig is your pocketbook. And, for what it's worth, the P229 is worth every penny you'll spend on it.

Quote Originally Posted by CEW58 View Post
    They might be a bit heavy, but with a good belt and holster it's not bad at all.
    I really need to get a holster for mine. I don't carry yet, although I have a permit. Looking for a small CCW gun, but I think I'll try to carry the P229 every once in a while just because I like it so much, and have no worries about how she'd perform if I had to draw.

I don't think I'd want to carry it every day though. More like a special occasion. Then again, I haven't tried it yet, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by coltrane59 View Post
    I really need to get a holster for mine. I don't carry yet, although I have a permit. Looking for a small CCW gun, but I think I'll try to carry the P229 every once in a while just because I like it so much, and have no worries about how she'd perform if I had to draw.

I don't think I'd want to carry it every day though. More like a special occasion. Then again, I haven't tried it yet, so who knows.
    I carry mine with a Beltman belt and MTAC holster and it's very comfortable.

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

I have never really been interested in Sigs. That is, until 3 days ago when my buddy brought his new Sig 226 to the range. All I can say is Wow! I really enjoyed shooting it! After that experience, it somehow managed to show up at the top of my wish list!
    "In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box."
    -- Steve Symms, US Senator from Idaho, 1990

Gotta p228...pretty much the same gun....but better in my opinion, just ask any other p228 owner. Let's just say if I had gotten it first before my G23, the g23 would be my secondary gun. But Just have a hard time letting my original baby go as my EDC...she's been pretty loyal
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links