Buy This Gun.

This is a discussion on Buy This Gun. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; how ya figure? both tupperware both striker fired bother got a goofy trigger .. Main difference is grip safety and angle and xd usually weighs ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Buy This Gun.

how ya figure? both tupperware both striker fired bother got a goofy trigger ..

Main difference is grip safety and angle and xd usually weighs more than the comparable glock

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    The XD has a significantly longer trigger stroke and longer reset than a Glock; it has a pull weight of 6.5# as compared to Glock's 5#.

When holstering an XD I always place my thumb on the beavertail. That releases the grip safety so the trigger cannot snag and fire.

IMO an XD with a round chambered is much safer to slide under the seat in a car, place in a glovebox or console for those times the gun can't go with us.

6.5# trigger? yours is heavy i got 5.5 on my xd and thats what springer rates it at and my glock is also 5.5

I don't know the numbers off hand (and honestly don't care, ha!) but the triggers are different. Maybe not different pull weights but they feel different.

At any rate, Tangle pretty much got it. The differences may seem slight to some but I've bought 3 XDs and 0 Glocks so they're significant to me.

As is said to each there own .. you carrying the 45 yet?

A little bit. Waiting until I can shoot it again and get extra mags. My holsters came in thankfully.

To answer some questions I found in this thread while reading through:

1) the new finish is called "Mellonite" and is supposed to be similarly durable to the Tennifer found on glocks.

2) The other XD pistols arent going to receive this finish anytime in the near future. (the rumors on XDTalk were disspelled by conversations with SA reps)

The Mellonite finish is also not available when sending your gun back in on warranty for finish defects (xd9s, xd40, xd45gap)..only on new 45acp pistols as apparently its way too expensive to do a single slide at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    A little bit. Waiting until I can shoot it again and get extra mags. My holsters came in thankfully.
    Thats Cool i'm still waiting for a holster for my Glock 20 i'm carrying it but don't like the holster i'm using

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean

Nice, can you post a few pics of the holster? and after a few days write up what you think of it? as you know im in the market too!
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Hum guess i dont fit in as a glocker ... got glock , hk us , xd ,colts, smiths,ruger,springfields ..
    +1 here...
    Dont hesitate to depend on Glocks, but mostly carry my 220R ST...
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Holster Pics

FIST Model 17 Holster - Pretty much my daily holster

Reading these informative and thorough reports by Euclidean, I'm heading out to look for an XD 45 ACP - (need to see what I'll get in trade for my G22).
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

Nice holster mang! Im looking for a slide holster for mine with the extra mag. I have see nthe blackhawk leather one but its about 50 bucks shipped so I might look around the nylon market but i need to get one sent out soon. I will carry my 45 most of the time. That is untill i can afford a carry 1911 then i might trade off. anyway Nick I hope you end up with a XD45 they are really worth every penny! Let us know if you can come home with one!
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

posted by Gelicious:

anyway Nick I hope you end up with a XD45 they are really worth every penny! Let us know if you can come home with one!

Went shooting this afternoon with a friend. He and I agreed that the XD 45 ACP was both accurate and had less recoil than the other two guns we shot (a Glock 23 and 27). It's a great looking gun, and I like the way it fits in my hand too.

This is a knowledgeable forum. It helps me learn by reading what experiences other folks describe. So thanks to this thread I can honestly say that the XD 45 ACP has now become my primary carry weapon!!

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

Well congrats

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links