Sig 226 in 357 Sig

Sig 226 in 357 Sig

This is a discussion on Sig 226 in 357 Sig within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got a 226 in 40 from CDNN a couple of years ago. It is nice but couldn't get turned on by it. I got ...

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar

Sig 226 in 357 Sig

I got a 226 in 40 from CDNN a couple of years ago. It is nice but couldn't get turned on by it. I got a 357 Sig barrel and wow this baby shoots.
    I drilled the middle using head shots at the Ft. Huachuca 25 meter range using both HST and Dold Dot.
    I've been carrying in a Don Hume IWB all day. This will be my on the border gun.

Senior Moderator
    I've got one and its a great shooter. Loud, but accurate.

Your "border gun" eh? Is it that bad around there?
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I love the 357 SIG round and carry a G32 when not carrying a 45 ACP (1911 or G36). I know some folks have a significant dislike of the 357 SIG round, some of it based on availability. Never had a problem finding it in Houston and since I keep so much in my stash, I doubt I'd ever run into a situation where I would need it and not have it. I find that it is a very friendly round on the shooter and for the power, it really has a light recoil. If you can handle a 45 ACP, the 357 SIG is a breeze to handle. I got rid of all my 40 cal guns because they were the last one's I'd pick up when it was time to leave the house. Never really took to the round.
    SE Texas Patriot Guard Rider, NRA Patron, TSRA Life Member

I have a xd40 and called springfield to ask if I could drop in a barrel for 357 sig like you can with sigs, which they said yes you can-which leads to my question-is there any problems with the mags as far as feeding, reliability, fit or function or anything? I wouldn't think that there is but its nice to hear from people who actually have done it. Thanks

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    No problem with mags feeding the round at all. In fact this round wants to go into the chamber.

You should have no problems at all. I have fired 3 different XDs (two service and 1 tactical length) with .40S&W and then switched to the 357 sig by dropping in the barrel. We also compared the mags from a stock .357 sig xd to the 40 and saw no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by scottc View Post
    I have a xd40 and called springfield to ask if I could drop in a barrel for 357 sig like you can with sigs, which they said yes you can-which leads to my question-is there any problems with the mags as far as feeding, reliability, fit or function or anything? I wouldn't think that there is but its nice to hear from people who actually have done it. Thanks
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Links