Bersa Gouged Feed Ramp

Bersa Gouged Feed Ramp

This is a discussion on Bersa Gouged Feed Ramp within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, so I bought a Bersa Thunder and have put about 500 rounds through it since I bought it. I 1st put 200 Wal-mart round ...

Thread: Bersa Gouged Feed Ramp

Bersa Gouged Feed Ramp

Ok, so I bought a Bersa Thunder and have put about 500 rounds through it since I bought it. I 1st put 200 Wal-mart round nose fmj. I then put another 100 flat nose Wal-mart rounds through the gun. I fired some of my carry ammo, gold dots and a few Federal hydro-shocks. Anyway when I was cleaning the gun I noticed 1st the gun was very dirty from all the rounds, second was that the feed ramp had a gouge in it shaped like a half moon. I never had one fail to fire or fail to eject. I know this is going to be hard without quailty pictures. So I thought I would ask some options. Is this nick/gouge going to hurt my weapon in the future? Is it normal? Should I take it to a gunsmith and have it smoothed out? I know that polishing is generally a no go for a Bersa. I posted this on Bersatalk.com but I haven't gotten much of a response so I thought I'd ask here. Thanks guys.

"The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

Administrator
    Absolutely I would just leave it alone.

Your photos are not helping much.

With the pistol disassembled and the slide off - load and insert the magazine.

Use a BIC pen or something similar and slowly push the top round in the magazine forward from the rear of the cartridge until it contacts the feed ramp.

You should see that your rounds during the feed cycle hit the feed ramp ABOVE that gouge.

So it is pretty much a non-issue regarding affecting feed functioning.

You should see my Kimber CDP's feedramp! It's not a gouge, but it's banged up a good bit. Still fires 100%.. Different gun, but all I had for reference..

Jonathan

EW3
    My Bersa 380CC has a few little scuffs on the feed ramp. The frame, including feed ramp is an aluminum alloy that is relatively soft. If you go on Bersatalk, you can read more about it. I've heard of people that smoothed it out with a polishing tip on a Dremel, being very slow and careful, but I would not worry about it right now. My Bersa goes bang each and every time.

I'm sorry, but your pics are so blurry, I can't see the ding you are concerned with.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

The pics are worthless but as long as it is feeding correctly I wouldn't worry about it.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Links