Talk me into buying a Glock.

This is a discussion on Talk me into buying a Glock. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The rapid corrosion sounds like a dissimilar metal and cathodic action. If it was used with a leather holster and the "wrong" type of leather ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Talk me into buying a Glock.

The rapid corrosion sounds like a dissimilar metal and cathodic action. If it was used with a leather holster and the "wrong" type of leather treatment it could set up a battery action to cause rapid corrosion.

Place a digital multi-meter across the 2 metal parts and see if there is some potential. It may need to be placed in the "electrolyte" of the treated leather holster to get conductivity.

But, that could be a possible outcome on a Glock if you had dissimilar metals, but that would take a customized Glock.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    When it comes to the plastic fantastics, this is what I like about Glocks.

Proven design with over 20 years of use all over the world in wars and police use. No other polymer framed gun can say this. People have been torturing these pistols for decades.

Here is a nice torture test.

Glock 21 Torture test - Theprepared.com

The latest is that he had this pistol buried in his backyard for over 2 years and just dug it up and fired it.

You can purchase OEM stock parts on-line, at your local gunshop etc.... and work on the gun yourself. It is a very simple design.

Usually the lightest weight for its size/capacity.

The average joe can become a Certified Glock Armorer.

No other manufacturer can match this.

Of course if you can't shoot a Glock well because of grip size or angle none of this really matters.

My department has been using Glock 22s with Speer 180gr Gold Dots since 1992. No officer that has fired this pistol in a police involved shooting has ever had a FTF, FTE, or any other kind of malfunction. We are talking about 170+ officer involved shootings in the time frame and this gun has delivered the goods. I will continue to trust my life, at home, work, etc. with this proven performer of a pistol
    Si vis pacem, parabellum

Any input on a 26. I don't have a Glock, and wanted something small.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Roy McC View Post
    Any input on a 26. I don't have a Glock, and wanted something small.
    Great little gun. Kind of small for me, but a ton of people are buying them up for carry. As reliable as the G19 and G17 too.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by XDFender View Post
    You haven't identified one thing that the Glock has that the XD doesn't (except that you assert it is "much more proven" which is only true if you believe that sheer numbers and time on the market = "more proven"). In contrast, I have identified that the XD has everything that the Glock has, plus several other "plusses" in its favor. And aligning the sight to "compensate for...grip angle" sounds to me like having to "fix" a problem--one that doesn't exist with the XD.

Yeah, you're right--I love my XDs. But it's based on lots of experience with both Glocks and XDs--I own two of each, and have shot literally thousands of rounds through each. The XD is the superior handgun, IMHO, based on that experience. That's all. I'm not a hater, nor am I a starry-eyed fanatic for XDs. It is just that everything that I personally have experienced or heard from others who have significant experience with both (with very rare exceptions like packin45) leads to the same conclusion--the XD is superior.
    If you go back to a previous page I counter your points for it being better. FWIW: Glock has a hugely better trigger when it comes to shooting quickly. Nothing, and I do mean nothing that the Croatian made XD has is special when compared to a Glock. The XD just doesn't do anything for me. Having a Glock and then handling an XD is a bit of "meh" factor.

Again, grip safety is meaningless when you don't touch the trigger to begin with. Pull the trigger I want the gun to fire, I don't want another point of possible failure. Grip angle CAN be overcome with proper indexing, sight picture, and god forbid you practice with your weapon a bit

All I'm saying is that if someone WANTS to buy another gun and a Glock looks good to them then they should have no reason not to purchase simply based on the idea that they already have a XD or M&P or whatever other gun is out there.

I have fired both and because of the XD trigger, and the sheer amount of aftermarket parts, holsters, accessories and the like for a Glock, I'd always pick a Glock over an XD.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    I am thinking of purchasing a Glock 23 and need some input on thoughts of the weapon for CC duty and Overall gun in general.
    Glocks should pretty much sell themselves.
    They are accurate, rugged, and reliable and get the job done.period.
    They're also very easy to service even by people not overly familiar with firearms.
    I carry a G23 daily and have for years...

Glock 30 45 caliber i carry nd love very much.

Glock 30 45 caliber i carry and love very much.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links