I don't see alot on here about Para Ordnance...

This is a discussion on I don't see alot on here about Para Ordnance... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is there a reason? I've been looking at their website. Although I love the SA trigger, I've been curious about the LDA trigger and what ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't see alot on here about Para Ordnance...

Is there a reason? I've been looking at their website. Although I love the SA trigger, I've been curious about the LDA trigger and what that feels like. But I see the threads daily about Glock, S&W, maybe a Kimber here and there, but not much about Para. I'm looking for the 4" size in 45 and have been looking ALL over the place to decided on a gun. Any suggestions with Para?

Para makes a pretty good gun. As far as the LDA triggers, I think most people prefer the accuracy, and the crispness of a single action trigger on a 1911 and clones. The LDA is a nice light trigger pull through the entire trigger pull. Although this being smooth, it also has essentially the same long length of draw to reset and then you have to pull through all the trigger pull all over again. Thus slowing you down on follow up shots and also for someone that doesn't fire a lot might give them to much trigger pull and allow them to pull the trigger in the wrong direction. Therefore pulling the gun off aim and not hitting your intended target. As far as suggestions stay away from the LDA triggers. There SA triggers are more than sufficient for defense. One advantage that I like about them is the fully supported barrel ramp into the chamber they have on most there guns. Some will say it isn't necessary, but everybody is entitled to there own opinion. The other benefit of most the Paras is the power extractor which is just a slightly wider extractor surface for ripping spent cases out, works pretty well from everything I have read and seen.

Like most 1911 shooters you might get one and will still find things you want to change about the gun once you have it. Thats the fun of owning a 1911 and being able to have such a large aftermarket of options.

I hope this might give you some more insight on the LDA trigger. As far as a good Para pistol for what your looking for, I like the 1911 LTC Steel.
    Good luck stay armed!

JD
    Administrator
    I've had four Paras, they all ran well. I had two single actions, and two LDAs, three were double stacks, one was a single stack. Regarding the Para 1911s I like both triggers but prefer the traditional SAO 1911 just because I didn't like the idea of having the non standard parts of the LDA to worry about. Non a lot of gun smiths have gotten to play with the LDA and I like to have more options than just sending the gun to Para if something goes wrong.

As I've always said about Para, their Parakote finish is garbage and doesn't hold up for squat so get a stainless gun.

The double stack mags are pricey, but the single stack guns use regular 1911 mags.

I was looking heavily at the LTC in 9mm, but again the Parakote finish made me decide on another gun as I don't feel the Paras are worth refinishing to something of my liking, I'm tired of buying guns that I feel I need to alter with more than just a simple sight change.

My Nitehawg looked like it had been carried roughly for a decade when in actuality it never saw anything but normal unholstering/reholstering for about six months. The Parakote was flaking all over the place and just looked like ass.

Para

We have several as rentals at the range and they have not held up well to long-term use. Not only does the coated finish suck, but we have had minor and major parts breakage. Everything from sights to links and extractors, including the new design extractor, even a barrel bushing. I'm not a fan of them.

I have a Para C.745 and I love mine. It is an older model with a stainless finish and it has held up pretty well. I did have one issue with it last year when it started having feeding problems. I sent it in to Para for repair, and they put in a new recoil system free of charge. Read about it here:http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-ordnance.html
    I love this gun so much that it is my EDC gun.
    IF YOU STAY READY, YOU AIN'T GOT TO GET READY

My cousins co-worker had his warthog grenade on him. He sent it back to Para and they deemed it the guns fault and sent a new one.
    OD G19 || G26 || OD KT P3AT

Wow, seems like they try and make amends for issues with quality control, which is a bonus. I appreciate the info about the finish as well. I will def. be looking for stainless if I choose Para. And, I agree with the SA vs. LDA. There is something to be said for that long travel there.

Quote Originally Posted by mwedmonds View Post
    Wow, seems like they try and make amends for issues with quality control, which is a bonus. I appreciate the info about the finish as well. I will def. be looking for stainless if I choose Para. And, I agree with the SA vs. LDA. There is something to be said for that long travel there.
    Well, I didn't specify, but mine IS the LDA trigger. For me, once you get used to it, that trigger is nice. It is a long pull, but it is so smooth, that to me it is just as quick as a single action shot (IMHO). Some like it, and I guess some don't. It is something that you have to try for yourself.
    IF YOU STAY READY, YOU AIN'T GOT TO GET READY

cool eethomas...i appreciate the opinion.

Agree to on the LDA, having shot single action target .22 for my first 12 months of pistol shooting, switcing to the LDA trigger was a bit of a nightmare.

Ive now had the chance to compare it with DA\SA, DA Only and SA Only on various other guns and must say I like the Para trigger.

Todd Jarrett shoots with Para LDA and has won numerous competitions, so the potential is there.

I find with the LDA trigger if you take up the long smooth uptake immedaitely after a shot, by the time youve sighted in again its ready to go. After a while you dont even notice youre doing this and can concentrate on sight picture while your finger is trained to have the next shot ready.

The power extractor works really well, this just rips the shells out like nothing youve seen.

Heres my beast 18-9 LDA Limited. Comes with 3 high cap mags and hard carry case.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Evil prevails when good men stand by and do nothing
    --------------------------------------------------------------

I also carry a Para, I have the Tactical Duty SSP with a stainless steel finish, it's a full size 1911, this is my edc. I really like the SAO trigger on it, and the power extractor does rip those casings out.
    Give me my guns and my right to keep and bear arms, and they can keep their change.

Exclamation

Had a beauty of a stainless 12.45 LDA. Put in a new extractor and a recoil spring. With those two mods, she ran like a champ. Not a flaw. Could put a triple tap on paper at 7 yards easily.
    Thats the only pistol I miss owning.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

I recently bought the Para PDA in 9mm for concealed carry. I'm currently breaking it in with trips to the range but this ammo shortage is making it hard. So far, 200 rounds of FMJ and not a single feed, fire, or eject problem. I'm looking for some defensive rounds so I can "validate" it for everyday carry.

I really like the LDA trigger. It's smoother than any of my other pistols and has a lighter pull than my revolver.
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

i pickup up one in the late 80's. not a bad gun, it did ok. wish i still had the gun.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I like the LDA trigger BUT, if I have DA I do not want a safety. If Para would remove the safety they would still have the grip safety. The feel would remain the excellent 1911 feel and I would buy one. I am not fond of having a safety on my EDC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links