Im a nubie with a Question??

This is a discussion on Im a nubie with a Question?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have noticed when talking about the stats on each gun,when it comes to trigger pull, where its like Da,and Sa....like 11 pound Da/ and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im a nubie with a Question??

Im a nubie with a Question??

I have noticed when talking about the stats on each gun,when it comes to trigger pull, where its like Da,and Sa....like 11 pound Da/ and 4.5 Sa.....What does that da and sa mean,I understand the pounds of pressure it takes too pull trigger but dont know what the da and sa stand for?? I know you guys are gonna laugh me right outta here...

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    DA = Double Action. Pulling the trigger cocks the hammer, and then it falls.

SA = Single Action. The hammer is cocked by another source (slide moving back or hand). The trigger releases it. SA pulls are lighter usually because they don't have to compress the main spring.

DA/SA means with the hammer down, the first shot is double action, and followup shots will be single action, cocked by the slide.

DAO means double action only

SAO means single action only
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

VIP Member

This is what I love about DC.com

A self confessed nubie asks what for most of us would be considered a very basic question. Instead of jumping on him/her and ridiculing them for not knowing the info, someone actually takes the time and answers the question fully and completely. This is why I've abandoned other forums and have chosen DC as home.
    Ask your questions Mitch. Guys like C9H13N03 and I and others are here to help. We need new blood like you to keep our way of life going!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    A self confessed nubie asks what for most of us would be considered a very basic question. Instead of jumping on him/her and ridiculing them for not knowing the info, someone actually takes the time and answers the question fully and completely. This is why I've abandoned other forums and have chosen DC as home.
    Ask your questions Mitch. Guys like C9H13N03 and I and others are here to help. We need new blood like you to keep our way of life going!
    X2

Lead Moderator
    Everyone had to learn somewhere/sometime. Ask away.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Posts like these make me glad I'm a part on this forum!

In the upper right look in the blue bar and click on Forum Help & Extras then click General Acronyms, good info.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Agreed!

This is the only fourm I belong to the others just arent worth it...everybody here is so nice, and treat everybody with respect. If they don't the mods deal with it very swiftly. Good question.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I totally agree with you all. This is by far the most respectable gun forum online. Glad to be a member.
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’
    — James Earl Jones

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    +1. And welcome Tn Mitch!
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

I noticed the quality and maturity of the members right away.

Heee heeee!

I am really glad I found this place I have learned alot and read alot so far. Only one month until my class for cc starts!

Bravo on the respect for the new guy.
    NRA, IDPA, GSSF & GSSA member
    Certified Glock Armorer

I'm pretty new to this sight as well. Everyone here has been really helpful and nice. I felt the same way at first and still do sometimes, but ya can't learn unless you ask. And I'm not shy about asking questions.
    "Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed." -Lowell Duckett

I can't help but break out the pom poms myself. Our particular hobby can attract a certain kind of overcompensating putz, the guy in the gun store who rolls his eyes for the gallery when you respectfully ask a question. He doesn't show here much, it's a truly gracious group of people...a polite, armed society
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links