Suggestions For New Carry Gun

This is a discussion on Suggestions For New Carry Gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Gideon I'd recommend you hold an XD as its mentioned so often, but then I'd encourage you to hold a kahr P9. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suggestions For New Carry Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon
    I'd recommend you hold an XD as its mentioned so often, but then I'd encourage you to hold a kahr P9. Both are excellent weapons but to me (only my opinion) the XD feels chuncky compared to the slim profile of the Kahr series. I believe this "thinness" contributes greatly to the concealability of the weapon and the comfort in wearing it all day long, especially IWB which I also feel provides the greatest concealability. I find that how thin a weapon is and how long the grip is makes a big difference in how easy it is to conceal but all of this is VERY subjective and dependent upon body type and style. I

I love the looks of the XD but didn't like the chunkyness of it so I ended up with a Kahr P9. Recoil is very manageble, it's very light, accurrate and has been 100% reliable with everything I feed it.

Hope you end up with something you really like!

God Bless
    Gideon
    I can't find fault with the Kahr either. My wife picked out the Kahr MK9 for her carry piece. An even smaller version of the P9, it's VERY compact (the whole gun fits almost inside my hand), very manageablea, low recoil for a gun that size, and has a great trigger. It's also very accurate for it's size. Great gun!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

2. Remove Ads

I'm 5'8" and only 140 lbs, and I can conceal a full size HK USP on my waist with an IWB. I know the Compact would conceal better. And I've owned Glocks, XDs, and HKs and the HKs are the best polymer gun made. I'd take an XD next.

What is the difference in the designs of the Glock and the SA XD? Trigger, striker, etc.
    CrimsonTide

If I read it right in a magazine cant remember which one. When you rack the slide the xd striker spring is fully compressed and the glock is only prtially compessed giving the xd a lighter and better trigger feel. Have agreat day Sixgun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links