New XD 40

This is a discussion on New XD 40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm new to this site other then posting in the concealed carry sub-forum. I order a Springfield XD 40 4" service model. Will be in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New XD 40

New XD 40

I'm new to this site other then posting in the concealed carry sub-forum.
    I order a Springfield XD 40 4" service model. Will be in tomarrow. Was looking at that or a S&W M&P 40.
    Can anyone give me any pro's and con's between the two or did I make a good choice with the XD?
    I currently have a cheap Hi-Point 9mm but I'm going to be applying for my CCW so I figured I better get a higher quality more dependable firearm.
    Thanks,
    Nick

2. Remove Ads

Both the M&P and XD are great guns. If the XD feels good in your hands and you are comfortable shooting it, then you should not regret choosing it.

Congratulations and be safe!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

i jst ordered my XD 3 inch and it should be in this week. Frm what I have read and feedback frm the guys it is a very very solid pick. Let us knw how u like it.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

from what I understand they are the best selling guns on the market right now - I have had less misfires/stoppages with my XDm .40 than with my Glock 22. so the reliability is there for sure. Great gun - if it fits you well you are in for a great ride!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    I don't have much to say but you will enjoy it....and it will probably become one of your favorites.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    It is a solid gun and you will like it.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    I have the same model as my EDC and I love it. If it shoots well for you then my guess is that you will have no regrets either!
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

I've been very happy with my XD40 service. I carry it in an MTAC almost everyday.

i carried an xd .40 service model for about three years, i just upgraded myself to the xd .45. my co-worker has an m & p .40 that i have been able to shoot. i personally like the xd better, it fits in my hand better, but the m & p is a great gun. the xd is also a lot easier to field strip, and therfore easier to clean. imo you made the right choice, but you couldnt have gone wrong either way. enjoy the xd when it comes in

Not sure about the Smith however I got an XD 45 service model and I love it. I have only had it to the range twice with a total of about 300 rounds through it so far, but all 300 were flawless. Very consistent points of impact with all ammo tried and zero malfunction. You certainly made a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow662 View Post
    I'm new to this site other then posting in the concealed carry sub-forum.
    I order a Springfield XD 40 4" service model. Will be in tomarrow. Was looking at that or a S&W M&P 40.
    Can anyone give me any pro's and con's between the two or did I make a good choice with the XD?
    I currently have a cheap Hi-Point 9mm but I'm going to be applying for my CCW so I figured I better get a higher quality more dependable firearm.
    Thanks,
    Nick
    I also have the XD-40. You made a good choice. However, as far as that goes, there are a lot of good choices, including the M & P and Glock.

Hang on the the Hi-Point as I have. You might need a gun to turn over to the government someday.

Well I picked up by XD today. Haven't shot yet tho. Sunday going to the range. Only 1 thing that I don't like is how hard it is to release the mag with one hand and pointing straight ahead. I have to turn the gun sideways in my hand to push the button to realease the mag. Which would make it hard to speed load. I didn't really pay as much attention as I should have to that before I purchased. Read a bunch of reviews and no one mentioned it so maybe its just me. Anyone else have that problem with their XD?

Quote Originally Posted by cwblanco View Post
    I also have the XD-40. You made a good choice. However, as far as that goes, there are a lot of good choices, including the M & P and Glock.

Hang on the the Hi-Point as I have. You might need a gun to turn over to the government someday.
    They come for my guns I'll look at them really stupid and say whats a gun? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow662 View Post
    Well I picked up by XD today. Haven't shot yet tho. Sunday going to the range. Only 1 thing that I don't like is how hard it is to release the mag with one hand and pointing straight ahead. I have to turn the gun sideways in my hand to push the button to realease the mag. Which would make it hard to speed load. I didn't really pay as much attention as I should have to that before I purchased. Read a bunch of reviews and no one mentioned it so maybe its just me. Anyone else have that problem with their XD?
    You'll enjoy the XD40. I have had mine for about seven or eight months now and love it. Since your weapon is new the mag release will take some time to kinda break in. It'll get easier as you use it. I promise. they just tend to come tight.

If you need any info on your XD check out XDTalk Forums - Your HS2000/SA-XD Information Source! Tons of info from fellow XD owners. They're a bit addictive too! welcome to the club.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Ok good. I seen something while searching the internet about how hard it was and found a product that replaces the button with a longer one so that its not recessed but I don't think I'm willing to loose lifetime warranty for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links