Well not quite what I was looking for, but these things are hard to find

This is a discussion on Well not quite what I was looking for, but these things are hard to find within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I came into a small fortune ($1000), and decided to once again go hunt down a Springfield Loaded 1911 .45 ACP. Everywhere I looked,. they ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well not quite what I was looking for, but these things are hard to find

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

Well not quite what I was looking for, but these things are hard to find

I came into a small fortune ($1000), and decided to once again go hunt down a Springfield Loaded 1911 .45 ACP. Everywhere I looked,. they had plenty of Kimbers, S&Ws, and the really expensive Wilson Combats. Being partial to Springfield Armory I was dead set on one from them. So I walk into my normal gun dealer, and they had a used Springfield full size Loaded 1911 that has a bi tone finish. It came with night sights, and it has some marks on the slide and frame, but over all it was in good condition. I spent the past two years looking for a Loaded model locally, and this was my chance to buy one. It was priced at 749, but after "pulling the trigger" on it, the clerk gave me a discount and dropped it down to 725, and I asked that the two piece guide rod be replaced with a standard one, because I could see he was having trouble getting it back together after showing me how to take it apart. It is sort of like the Black Stainless I have been after, it has a stainless slide and black frame LOL! I think I did okay. This is my first used semi-auto pistol, and a nice one at that!

I did forget to add this particular model has an alloy frame, making it easier to carry.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Nice gun. I like Springfields too! The Bi-tone looks good and the good thing about the few dings you mentioned is that you're already past that "paranoid about scratches" phase we go through with a new carry piece.
    Enjoy!

Well-done; good price for that shootin' iron.

Wow. Great deal. I really like the looks of your new weapon.
    NRA, IDPA, GSSF & GSSA member
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Nice gun. I like Springfields too! The Bi-tone looks good and the good thing about the few dings you mentioned is that you're already past that "paranoid about scratches" phase we go through with a new carry piece.
    Enjoy!
    Yeah I was paranoid about my G19 getting scratches, but now it has a 2" scratch on the left side of the slide, and it still goes bang. Glocks are nothing special to look at anyhow.

My new 1911 has some holster wear, but you can't tell from looking at the picture. I am not to worried about it though, because had I bought it brand new, it was still going to get holster wear, dings, and scratches.

Unless you keep your guns in the safe, they're going to get banged up a little, you just cannot win.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

VIP Member
    Looks real nice

Nice!
    I love that, just got a new gun feeling.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

You now have Springfield's great customer service. I just called them and they emailed me a shipping label the same day . . . No charge round trip. BTW it was just a feeding problem with hollow points. Not unusual for a 9mm 1911.

I am not a 45 fan, but Congrats on the new piece!! Now some custom leather and you are all set!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Looks pretty darn good!!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    "I asked that the two piece guide rod be replaced with a standard one, because I could see he was having trouble getting it back together after showing me how to take it apart"

Smart move on getting rid of that PITA 2 piece guide rod. Not at all needed and saves time for routine maintenance. Also no wrench needed to take it apart.

I would buy some Wilson Shock Buffs to extend the life of the frame. Change mine out every 500 rds. and have never had one give me a problem. Cheap insurance for a fine firearm like yours. JMO

Congrats and welcome to the SA fan club. Beautiful SA! Hope it serves you as well as my 19 YO Springer has.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Very nice looking gun. You'll get a great service life with it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Didn't catch you were from Ak. Lived on Kodiak for 4 years (83-87) and made quite a few trips over your way to get back to civilazation.
    Is the Great Alaska Bush Company still open?

RC
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Yes the Bush Company is still in business. I have only been there once. I have lived here almost eight years now, which is the longest I have ever stayed in one place. I really enjoy the summers here, the winters not so much. I am looking at eventually moving back to the lower 48. I am thinking about Central or Southern Virginia, or possibly Kentucky. I used to live in Leesburg VA before Alaska, and I liked seeing all the history. Alaska has plenty of historical sites to see as well.

Lead Moderator
    Great looking Springfield.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links