Help with last handgun choice please

This is a discussion on Help with last handgun choice please within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Financially I am at the end of my collection for a little while. With the future being so uncertain... I have added in the last ...

Thread: Help with last handgun choice please

Help with last handgun choice please

Financially I am at the end of my collection for a little while. With the future being so uncertain... I have added in the last few months an AR with 7mags - will get a few more, Xd45c and a G19 to my collection. I already have a Gen2 G21, S&W 4006, numerous shotguns, hunting rifles along with .22 pistols and rifles. My choice of last firearm for a while is narrowed down to XDm 40, Kimber CDP II, G22, Sig 556 or Benelli M series shotgun.
    Any advice? I could go with either a high dollar choice or two of the lower cost options. Wish I could buy several or all but already have a gun safe and 2K rounds of .556 on the menu. Dont think I want to continue to store in a gun cabinet.
    XD45c and G19...Because I can and this is still America at least for a little while longer.
    Food for thought - If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?
    Any mouse-flavored cat food?
    Only in America do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.

2. Remove Ads

Wow, had to look up a few of those options (still kinda new to the firearms world, I guess). Judging by what you already have I am under the impression that your best bet would be either the Glock or the CDP II if you were to decide on a handgun, or the Sig 556 as an addition to your AR.

I personally own a Glock 23 and think it's outstanding, but if you were to upgrade to the longer grip I guess I couldn't blame ya

That CDP II is a real looker though, hadn't heard of it before. Add it to my wish list, I guess.

There's a real nice shotgun on your list too, though I thought you wanted a handgun?!
    CZ P-06
    Glock 23 OD with CT laser
    S&W 642

I think a good wheel gun in 44 special, or 44 mag, or of course every collection needs a good 357 Revolver, the 686 is my first choice there. I know these aren't on your list just my suggestion. From your list I would do the Sig 556, if things continue like many believe AR's will continue to rise in cost!! But I really think you need a wheel gun!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

You mention you have numerous shotguns but are any of them tactical variations? If not, I'd have to go for the Benelli M4. If you already have a tac shotgun, then I'd pick the Sig 556.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    You mention you have numerous shotguns but are any of them tactical variations? If not, I'd have to go for the Benelli M4. If you already have a tac shotgun, then I'd pick the Sig 556.

Hoss
    No I dont have a tac shotgun. Couple pump Remington and a 1187. Thought the M4 would be a nice addition, it will probably be on the "hit list".
    The only problem with buying the CDP now is, thats it ($), no more for now. I dont think it would be included in the initial list of "outlawed" guns. But you never know. Im leaning toward the XDm and another Glock or the Sig 556. I know the Sig will be one of the first ones on the "Hit list", but I would probably USE the handguns more than the Sig. The probable up coming ban would include at a minimum the same as Clinton's. High Cap mags and semi auto rifles. I refuse to use the term "A$$alt rifle". My gut tells me this will be worse than the '94 ban. The way my party is caving in and the world is in AWE of the "Messiah". Anything is possible. Makes me want to
    XD45c and G19...Because I can and this is still America at least for a little while longer.
    Food for thought - If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?

Out of those you listed, the SIG would really be nice to have IMO. And the Glock G22 with several hi-cap mags would be nice. I already have a G22, but the more I think about things, I'd rather have a G23 since my G19 is the best size Glock for me. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you...I have things higher on my list right now than another firearm, and a new set of tires for the truck will be around $800 but I'd still rather have a PT1911 at around $550 so when my savings get to that point, it's going to be rather hard for me to keep going for the tires. Priorities, priorities. I still buy ammo two or three times a week, and occasionally magazines. All in all, I guess I've got what I need, and my wants need to take a back seat for a while. Get the best bang for your buck, and stick with it on obtaining ammo and magazines after you do. If you're looking for the best investment, then you'd probably be gambling any way you go. Good luck making up your mind.

Out of your choices I would go for the Sig 556. Besides being a great weapon it is the only one that may not always be available.

Everybody needs a 1911 in their collection, but the Sig 556 would be a great choice, too. Since you alredy have an AR, I would go with the Kimber.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I used to have a GI Springfield 1911 but got rid of it a long time ago. It really would be nice to have the Kimber CDP II, but I would most likely be able to still get one later, just at a higher cost. Leaning toward the Sig or the XDm40 or maybe even the XDm9. 20 rounds of 9mm is very appealing.
    How many of you guys would rather have the XDm9 over a G17 ??? I think they are both extremely reliable so thats not an issue. The SA fits ME way better than the G17 and a few more rounds never hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by im22sniper View Post
    How many of you guys would rather have the XDm9 over a G17 ??? I think they are both extremely reliable so thats not an issue. The SA fits ME way better than the G17 and a few more rounds never hurts.
    I think you answered your own question...
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

It's tough, I couldn't think of which to pick between the G22 and the XDm 40.

Good luck and let us know what you finally choose.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

After much thought and research the winner is....... XDm9. Since I dont carry or shoot the 4006 much anymore, this addition will give me two very good .45s (XD45c and G21) and two very good 9mms (XDm9 and G19). With the extra money left to spend, figured I add two more mags for each, and more 45 and 9mm ammo. That will bring the minimum total mag count for each to at least 5. Thank you guys for all of your input and opinions. I go pick it up on Tues. Now I really have to concentrate on gettin a Safe. Cant have some scumbag hit the jackpot.
    If anyone cares....My favorite is the XD45c. It is the most comfortable, best feeling handgun I have shot. I CC with the 10round mag with the Pearce extension(PERFECT fit and very easy to conceal). I have a mag holster to carry the 13round for a reload ( hopefully will never need to use a reload. Much less ever have to fire in defense.) 24 rounds of 45 cal. Gold Dots in an extremely easy to conceal iwb setup that is very comfortable. What more can a man ask for (except for a world where I didnt need it)? God Bless.

Links