My first CCW

My first CCW

This is a discussion on My first CCW within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got my S&W642 a couple of months back. It is my first firearm and CCW. The people in this forum provided me with a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first CCW

My first CCW

I got my S&W642 a couple of months back. It is my first firearm and CCW. The people in this forum provided me with a great deal of guidance and advice that was invaluable in preparing me for this - I am most appreciative of you all sharing your knowledge and experiences with me. I've practiced with it at the range about once per week and have gained pretty good control and accuracy with it. I carry it most of the time outside of work and it is a very practical handgun to conceal. I use a SmartCarry, DeSantis Nemesis, and Tucker Cover Up (IWB). It is a simple revolver and I've learned a lot from carrying it and shooting it at the range. I've had a lot of people who shoot semi's at the range ask me about my 642 and they want to shoot it (I warn them that it may have a more stout kick than their semi does).

I recently put a Glock 26 on layaway and plan to have it with me by the end of March. It seems to fit me just as the 642 does.

Attached Images
    Glock 26, Ruger LCR, Glock 19
    Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema. "I don't care. If it doesn't rhyme, it isn't a poem."

Quote Originally Posted by bameroni View Post
    I got my S&W642 a couple of months back. It is my first firearm and CCW. The people in this forum provided me with a great deal of guidance and advice that was invaluable in preparing me for this - I am most appreciative of you all sharing your knowledge and experiences with me. I've practiced with it at the range about once per week and have gained pretty good control and accuracy with it. I carry it most of the time outside of work and it is a very practical handgun to conceal. I use a SmartCarry, DeSantis Nemesis, and Tucker Cover Up (IWB). It is a simple revolver and I've learned a lot from carrying it and shooting it at the range. I've had a lot of people who shoot semi's at the range ask me about my 642 and they want to shoot it (I warn them that it may have a more stout kick than their semi does).

I recently put a Glock 26 on layaway and plan to have it with me by the end of March. It seems to fit me just as the 642 does.
    Change that to all of the time. Nice first and second choices. I think once you get your 26 and fire it your S&W will be second place. My 26 is one of my favorite guns to shoot and carry.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; January 31st, 2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Deleted image. Not needed.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

My first semiauto was a G26 as well (moved from a Taurus .38 snubbie). Carried for a while, then went up to a G19 for more capacity and it just felt better in my hand. Very little size difference, and with a good holster, it hides just as well.

Congrats on the G26!

Congrats on the 642. That is one beautiful gun and Smith is one heck of a company. I have a 686 and it is probably the best weapon I own but way too heavy for ccw. I'd like to have a 642 in hammerless. Someday.

Useful gun

The 642 is a very versatile gun, and it can be easily hidden in several different ways. I carry mine in a pocket holster or a suede IWB belt holster. It is one of the hardest handguns to shoot accurately at any distance, however. You have to consider it a close quarters or backup gun.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

great choice for carry.
    I regret trading my 637.

Very nice... and the Glock 26 is a excellent addition to anyone's collection as well... it's always good to have options.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    They are the gold standard. Congrats on your first gun!

Someday, I'd like to send mine to a gunsmith for a complete action job. I believe it would make it sooo much better to shoot!

Congrats!! My wife is getting her CC permit and I am looking for a 649 for her. You will love your tupperwear as well, for a great holster for it check out the Bianchi Carryloc series. I have carried a G23 for 13+ years and it is the best I have found. Also stoke both of them up with the new Federal HST's!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Saaaweeeet! And no lock!

Good first two choices. My first two were similar: a reliable auto and a revolver. That's what I carry every day.

Great looking firearm.
    NBatesDesign.com - Graphic and Web Design

PROJECT U23 - Firearms Training and Discussion

VIP Member
    That's one gun you'll probably never part with!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by bameroni View Post
    I recently put a Glock 26 on layaway and plan to have it with me by the end of March.
    Excellent.......another convert to the Dark Side....he he he he!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

congrats. you will like the Glock 26.

Congratulations on your decision to buy a Glock 26. I recently bought a Glock 26. This was the first firearm I had purchased in a few years. This Glock will NOT be my last one either! I see adding one or two more in the future to my collection. I'm looking to purchasing the larger 9mm guns as well. All in all, in my opinion a Glock is always an excellent choice of firearm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links