Kahr Magazine Follower Bad

This is a discussion on Kahr Magazine Follower Bad within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at the range yesterday and after having shot about 30 rounds through my Kahr CW-40 the bad news started which is while I ...

I was at the range yesterday and after having shot about 30 rounds through my Kahr CW-40 the bad news started which is while I was reloading, the second round would not go in, I removed the first and retried. I found out I had to push in on the mag follower to reload the full mag. Later when I got home I discovered a piece of the plasic at the top of the follower had broken off. I have a email into Kahr as this should be warrany with only 300 rounds through it.

Anyone else have magazine follower problems?
    What is the cause?
    Ruger Police Service Six 4" .357
    Kahr CW-40

What is the cause?

Metal on plastic. Call Kahr. They will make it right.

So far not so good, I emailed Kahr cause I could not get through on the phone, and the response was that they were out of followers, and that they would ship me one when they come in.
    That just does not seem right or exceptable to me.
    Kahr CW-40

Administrator
    If they dont have it, they dont have it. At least they were up front and honest. Every manufactuer is in a crunch right now, things take time. I'd be willing to bet they will have more very soon.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    If they dont have it, they dont have it. At least they were up front and honest. Every manufactuer is in a crunch right now, things take time. I'd be willing to bet they will have more very soon.

Yes I guess your right, I will practice my mellow out thing..........
    Kahr CW-40

Had a follower break on my wife's PM9 after about 200 rounds. Called Kahr as the folks on this forum recommend. Must have gotten a rep who was having a bad day as he told me they weren't under warranty. Ended up buying one online for $11. Still really like Kahrs however and have 800 rounds through the PM9 and 2000 through a CW9. Absolutely no other problems.

Well I was working on the reliability thing with mine as I started shooting various HP ammo and this kind of took some of the wind out of my sails. Hopefully just a minor setback, I was planning on buying another magazine just not this early, I may have to now so I can continue.
    Kahr CW-40

Distinguished Member
    I just bought into a P40 a couple of weeks ago; Put approx 200 rounds through it. After I bought it I started reading the fussing online about broken followers, etc. You and I are too late for this so....let it go. You already own the gun. It's a bit of a class problem w/the Kahrs. Stock up and try not to look at the gun differently. Bums a guy out. I will admit though, I "play" w/many aspects of the gun to ensure proper feeding; Different mags, fewer rounds, feed the mag prior to or after opening action, etc. I'm looking for any pattern of failure or behavior. Never had that w/my Colt but the Kahr carries so nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    I just bought into a P40 a couple of weeks ago; Put approx 200 rounds through it. After I bought it I started reading the fussing online about broken followers, etc. You and I are too late for this so....let it go. You already own the gun. It's a bit of a class problem w/the Kahrs. Stock up and try not to look at the gun differently. Bums a guy out. I will admit though, I "play" w/many aspects of the gun to ensure proper feeding; Different mags, fewer rounds, feed the mag prior to or after opening action, etc. I'm looking for any pattern of failure or behavior. Never had that w/my Colt but the Kahr carries so nicely.
    I did a cleaning on it today, took the mag apart for the first time and found the piece that broke off, so cleaned and lubed and ready to go.

Oh yah, with mine it does continue to fire even with the broken follower. And I must say it has had only 1 FTE and no FTF's with over 300 rounds through it.

Kahr told me today if I wanted to send the whole mag back instead of waiting for the followers to come in, they would exchange it, I'm thinking about it.
    Kahr CW-40

Here is an update about a week after the last post a mag follower arrived in the mail, all is back and in order although I have not been to the range since I replace it. I now have my permit so I have been carrying, building my confidence with the whole thing.

The actual first place I carried in was a vegetable market. No Walmart yet for me. And as I go in bussinesses unarmed I am paying better attention to the possibility of no firearms signs
    Kahr CW-40

My CW-40 has been operating flawlessly with the new follower. In facy they actually sent me two of them. Can't complain about customer service now.
    Kahr CW-40

Links