My new Sig 1911 TTT

This is a discussion on My new Sig 1911 TTT within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I recently picked up my new Sig GSR 1911 TTT that I bought from Bud's Gunshop. I haven't gotten a chance to shoot it ...

Thread: My new Sig 1911 TTT

My new Sig 1911 TTT

Well I recently picked up my new Sig GSR 1911 TTT that I bought from Bud's Gunshop. I haven't gotten a chance to shoot it yet, but if it shoots as good as it looks and feels, I should be just fine.) This is my second 1911 I currently own. My other 1911 is a CZ DW CBOB in .45ACP I bought last year.

The only other 1911 I have ever owned before the DW, was a Colt 1991A1 5" back in the early 90s, which I sold after a few years. After I sold the Colt back then, I had been strictly into other non 1911 type semi-autos (Glocks, XDs, HKs, Sigs (P series), etc.). These last few years I have started to really appreciate the classic design and function that is the 1911. My DW CBOB has been a real joy to shoot and has gotten me bitten on the 1911, something my old Colt 1991A1 never did. There are some more 1911s I would like to add to my collection eventually (in the next few years), like the CZ DW Valor and the SA TRP (possibly even a Wilson or Ed Brown model). I now see why some people collect and shoot 1911s the way they do. Back in the late 90s and the early 2000s, guns like Glocks were my passion and they still are to some extent (still have most of the Glocks I collected during those years (still use them for CCW and home protection)), but there is just something more elegant and sophisticated about the 1911 in its design, fit and looks that I am now recently starting to see.

Anyway, here are some pics on my new Sig 1911 TTT with my DW CBOB. I really like the looks and feel of the grips that Sig put on it (burled Maple), though I think I would have preferred that they didn't put their name on them, oh well. The overall two-tone look of the pistol was very well done (IMHO). Overall fit and finish is very well done as well and have no complainants with any of it. I'm pretty confident that function and accuracy will meet all my expectations of it. I'm most likely not going to use it for carry, but I though I post it here anyway, so if anybody was thinking about getting a Sig 1911 TTT, they could see how it looks. I had to lighten up the pics a bit (my camera and my use of lighting isn't the greatest), so they look a little grainy.

2. Remove Ads

Nice guns. Congrats on the new toy!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Lead Moderator
    Both pistols look good.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Beautiful sig :) I kinda like the DW too...the bobtail and plain left side look kinda interesting.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

That skeletonized trigger does it for me :)
    NRA, IDPA, GSSF & GSSA member
    Certified Glock Armorer

Very nice looking gun, congrats.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Pretty guns, both of them.
    I can't wait to caress uhm, hold our new his& hers Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II's, we pick them up Wednesday
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

OD*
    Nice pistols indeed.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Links