First shots with my new XD-40

This is a discussion on First shots with my new XD-40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked up my new pistol 2 days ago. Went to the range today. Shoots a little to the left but I think that might be ...

Thread: First shots with my new XD-40

First shots with my new XD-40

Picked up my new pistol 2 days ago. Went to the range today. Shoots a little to the left but I think that might be me. First 2 shots are the ones that you see high and too the left. The rest being the group just left of the bullseye. I shot 12 rounds on this target. If you count you can only see 10 the other 2 going threw another hole. Love this gun. Think it was a great decision on my part. Lots of improvement from the Hi-Point 9mm I had prior to the purchse of the XD. My dad brought his new Taurus Mill Pro .45. Sights are way off. These targets were probably 4-5ft off the ground and 15-20 yards. He was hitting the dirt. Anyone know if they are adjustable on my dads Mill Pro? It has hex key set screws but I think thats too remove the sights not adjust them.
    Also 1st time taking pictures of something laying on the ground and the lighting in this room sucks. So don't knock me too hard. Just kidding. Always welcome positive input. Not sure how to make the image small enough to upload big. From camera to computer file is 576kb which is more then allowed. So I changed the pixel dimensions to 600x791. Anyone help getting the image small enough to upload? Guess I should mention the ammo is Federal 165g FMJ. Also shot some winchester 165 FMJ with similar results.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'd say that's a darn good start! It might be the gun too, time will tell.

Congratulations!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Nice XD you got yourself there. I want one almost like it, except I want the Duo-tone one. I love the way they look.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I like the Duo Tone ones alot too. However thats only if you can find them. I bought mine on Davisons Gun Genie. Look up the gun on there then it lists 3 FFL gun dealers with prices. They tell you what guns they have in stock on the webpage. They didn't have any in stock when I searched besides the one I bought and the new XDm's. Going to be applying for my CCW and needed a more reliable pistol. So I'll deal with the straight black for now. I paid total with shipping $509. Not sure how much the Duo Tones run.

Excellent! I will tell you that I am 100% satisfied with my XDm .40! Grapefruit sized groups at 25 Meters
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Congratulations! I love XDs.
    NBatesDesign.com - Graphic and Web Design

PROJECT U23 - Firearms Training and Discussion

I have he 40cal in all black. Either Xd shoots to the left or you have to adjust the amount of finger you put on the trigger due to the safety in the trigger. Had the same problem, with the adjustment and sight picture adjusted to the right, she shoots right on.

Links