New (to me) snubby.

This is a discussion on New (to me) snubby. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got a nice little Model 36 S&W. Actually saw this one at the gun show in Raleigh two weeks ago and kicked myself for not ...

Thread: New (to me) snubby.

VIP Member

New (to me) snubby.

Got a nice little Model 36 S&W. Actually saw this one at the gun show in Raleigh two weeks ago and kicked myself for not buying it then. Went to a show in Winston-Salem last weekend and the same vender was there and still had it on his table. Picked it up for $350 plus tax. Just had to try it out at the range, not bad put 25 rounds of Remington 38spl into a three inch group at 10 yards, I think it is a keeper.
    Attached Images
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I have one just like that. Its a lot of fun to shoot.
    "Just blame Sixto"

That is a nice one! Seems like a pretty good deal these days too. It displays good practical accuracy.

After some years of playing with a Model 36 and a Model 642 I've come to the conclusion that the original, made of steel and featuring a hammer spur, is the best way to do J-Frame S&W revolvers.

I've always had a nice small revolver in the mix. For many years, it has been a Colt Detective Special (38 cal) for the wife and a Taurus 606 (357 mag) for me. Like a previous post, I like having the hammer spur and nice weight of a blued steel revolver instead of a lightweight version. If I want/need light weight, I'll go with a polymer semi-auto pistol. I have a S&W Sigma 380 which loves Glaser rounds for those times I need the lightest, cheapest, easiest to hide, but still with a significant wallup (280 ft-lb with the Glasers) carry gun. That'll keep up with any 38 and is much easier to hide and carry.

But there is just something about having a nice revolver around the house. That Model 36 of yours should be in the family for some time.
    SE Texas Patriot Guard Rider, NRA Patron, TSRA Life Member

Links