LCP carry ques.?

LCP carry ques.?

This is a discussion on LCP carry ques.? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im looking for the metal clip that attaches to the LCP. It's a metal clip that would allow me to carry the gun IWB but ...

Thread: LCP carry ques.?

LCP carry ques.?

Im looking for the metal clip that attaches to the LCP. It's a metal clip that would allow me to carry the gun IWB but without a holster. Anybody with a LCP have this?...I went to my local gun store and the guy said that this Keltec is practically the same model but the metal clip didnt look like it would fit my gun very well. What model # with work with my LCP?

Here's what Im talking about:

MidwayUSA - Kel-Tec Belt Clip Kel-Tec P32, P3AT Right Hand Steel Blue

I have a LCP for CC and am looking at different IWB holsters for it. I thought about a clip at one point but after doing some reading on the Kel Tec forum decided against it. Go to the forum and look for a post from yesterday about the carry clip and you will get all the info. you want.

KTOG Forum - Index

Administrator
    I dont know if that will fit the LCP, that clip is made by KelTec for KelTecs. Try Clip Draw, they might make one for the Ruger.
    "Just blame Sixto"

tjm
    One of the forums, I'm thinking it was this one, had a story a guy wrote about walking his dogs one morning while carrying without a holster. He fell on a stick or something (can't remember exactly), caught the trigger, and sent a round though his testicle. I wish I had bookmarked it but I didn't. Does anyone remember this or have a link?

(Not a jab aimed at anyone, just something that changed my thoughts on any carry method that does not cover the trigger.)

As Sixto indicated, this may be the only thing available.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

I dont think the clip is a good idea. Maybe for in the pocket but certainly not for the waistband.

Maybe Kel Tec could make a clip for the Ruger. Maybe hearsay or common knowledge but I was told by a gun dealer that the LCP slide is manufactured by Kel Tec.

Things that make you go Hmmmmm
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

here is a holster that I saw on a youtube video that was modified by cutting the bottom area below the grip open to hold an extra mag. Seemed like a decent pocket holster if you are interested, plus it's like $12. Ruger On-line Store - Ruger® LCP™ Blackhawk Holster

I don't know if you want something that doesn't cover up the bang switch...
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

I just want something that I can draw comfortably. And I dont understand how the gun can go off if I ever do fall or something. The only thing that could grab the trigger and make it go off would be in front of my pants haha. But I'm just thinking the clip would be easy and comfortable to click to the back of IWB.

tjm
    Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior1423 View Post
    And I dont understand how the gun can go off if I ever do fall or something. The only thing that could grab the trigger and make it go off would be in front of my pants haha.
    Roger that. I'm not trying to impose my own quirks and comfort levels on anyone! I don't remember exactly how he was carrying or what he fell on. It was just one of those stories that changed my habits and I'd love to find it again.

I have an LCP with a Crimson Trace and I like it quite a bit.

Have you tried elsiepeaforum.com? If there is such a clip those guys would know about it.

I think the P3AT's clip would work fine on the LCP with a little tweaking. the edges on the LCP have a wider radius (only held a LCP once, but have carried a KT for 5+ years), so a little tapping on a piece of steel bar stock may be necessary.

The P3AT/P32 clip is a great way to pocket carry... looks like a folder in your pocket, it keeps the pistol just below the pocket line. Be sure to carry nothing else in that pocket.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I dont know if that will fit the LCP, that clip is made by KelTec for KelTecs. Try Clip Draw, they might make one for the Ruger.
    This link contains a post with a picture of using the Kel Tec clip on an LCP. LCP with CT LG-431 and Belt Clip

I experimented with the Covert Carrier mentioned elsewhere in this thread but found it problematic when I added the Crimson Trace LaserGuard.

I use a Universal Clip Draw on my M&P 45 and will be adding one to the LCP for carrying at 10:30 while driving. Otherwise it is in a DeSantis Super Fly in my weak side front pants pocket.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Sponsored Links