How to carry Glock 27 comfortably

This is a discussion on How to carry Glock 27 comfortably within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi guys im new to the forum and I just wanted to get a question thats been bugging me since I bought the gun is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi guys im new to the forum and I just wanted to get a question thats been bugging me since I bought the gun is how to comfortably carry it with tight shirts or tuck in shirts which is what I have to wear for work. Thanks for any suggestions

Hey mrm, welcome to the forum!

I carry a glock 23 which has a slightly longer grip than your 27, and I carry it in an inside-the-waistband holster (Comp-tac MTAC) and find minimal problems with printing. I'm sure you'll get a number of responses to your post, but in my opinion I'd stick with an IWB or possibly a pocket carry option though I haven't pocketed a 27 before personally.

Good luck and welcome again!
    CZ P-06
    Glock 23 OD with CT laser
    S&W 642

Pretty much agree with Glockstock. I like kydex IWB for my autoloaders. My preference is the CTAC from Comp-Tac.

Truthfully? I have problems concealing my G27. Mostly OWB, fanny pack, or shoulder holster. That's why I bought a Kahr PM9. Plus I would think tight shirts would be a "no go". They make IWB with a tuck in option. Check out the Crossbreed.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

i carry a p2000sk thats about the same size as your gun i believe. i also use a comp-tac mtac IWB holster for it. i can conceal it nicely however i dont wear "tight" shirts. if you do have to wear a tight shirt you may be better off chosing another carry option, such as a small revolver in an ankle holster or somethign like a ruger lcp IWB or in a pocket holster to use while working. then again their is always the fanny pack

the rule of thumb is you dress around the gun, so if you cant do that you may need another option to carry.

I take it you're talking a tucked in dress shirt? I've carried my G27 IWB with tucked in t-shirt occasionally, but mostly with t-shirt un-tucked. I don't have much problem with my DeSantis Scorpion with G27 or G19.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Another vote for the Comp-Tac MTAC. I carry the G27 daily dressing business casual (tucked shirts, sweaters, sometimes sport coats). Been working great for me for the last 9 months or so. There should be a "sticky" thread under holsters I think titled "show me how you carry" where people have posted photos, me included.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

I think that you may have to give up the super tight muscle shirts and go with a more conventional wardrobe for cc

I would get some new pants (~2" larger) and the next size up in shirts and go with an inside the waist band holster like the CrossBreed Super-Tuck.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Ram-Rod, that photo always makes me cringe. I don't know how you can do that without an undershirt! I know I can't wear mine like that for more than about an hour.

Sorry, back to your regularly scheduled program....
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

VIP Member
    Loaded!

Okay... you just can't get a gun and demand it work around the way you dress, not if you want the weapon accessible. Carrying concealed means that you must adjust your dress around your weapon.

You're just going to have to make some concessions. Personally I like an IWB holster with some kind of cover garment. With my Milt Sparks VersaMax-IIs, that's often as little as an un-tucked shirt.

There's a lot of options available, the choice is yours.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I have the Dakota Defender from K&D which is my favorite IWB at about a 3:30 postition. The great thing about it is you can adjust the depth and the cant to fit your build to the most comfortable position.
    I ordered it for the 23 so I could use it for both 23 & 27. I change the cant and depth depending on which one I carry. It's like 2 holsters in one.

Tucker's Texas Heritage. I can carry with a tucked polo shirt or dress shirt and it just disappears.

Leather IMHO is superior to kydex. It conforms well to the shape of the gun and your body. It forms a much more gradual "bump" on your hip, making it less obvious.
    For the same reason it's also more comfortable. It's much less abrasive to the finish of your gun.

The only advantage of kydex that I'm aware of is that it's easier to reholster.

galco miami classis shoulder holster, galco inside the pants holster, galco tuckable holster, galco ankle holster. they all work for me with my g27 daily on duty.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Lead Moderator
    If you are required to wear tucked in dress shirt for work I think either a tuckable IWB holster , belly band , holster shirt or ankle holster will be your options. You will need to have a slightly loose shirt if carrying on your waist area.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I like the MTAC with "J" clips, positioned at at 4:30. I got the slide so I can carry sub, compact, or standard length. When lounging in sweats or shorts (no belt) I prefer the Smart Carry.

The MTAC is tuckable and the "J" clips are hardly noticable, especially to 'non-gun' people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links