Defensive Carry banner

How to carry Glock 27 comfortably

17K views 24 replies 23 participants last post by  cred 
#1 ·
Hi guys im new to the forum and I just wanted to get a question thats been bugging me since I bought the gun is how to comfortably carry it with tight shirts or tuck in shirts which is what I have to wear for work. Thanks for any suggestions

#2 ·
Hey mrm, welcome to the forum!

I carry a glock 23 which has a slightly longer grip than your 27, and I carry it in an inside-the-waistband holster (Comp-tac MTAC) and find minimal problems with printing. I'm sure you'll get a number of responses to your post, but in my opinion I'd stick with an IWB or possibly a pocket carry option though I haven't pocketed a 27 before personally.

Good luck and welcome again!

#4 ·
Truthfully? I have problems concealing my G27. :frown: Mostly OWB, fanny pack, or shoulder holster. That's why I bought a Kahr PM9. Plus I would think tight shirts would be a "no go". They make IWB with a tuck in option. Check out the Crossbreed.

#5 ·
i carry a p2000sk thats about the same size as your gun i believe. i also use a comp-tac mtac IWB holster for it. i can conceal it nicely however i dont wear "tight" shirts. if you do have to wear a tight shirt you may be better off chosing another carry option, such as a small revolver in an ankle holster or somethign like a ruger lcp IWB or in a pocket holster to use while working. then again their is always the fanny pack :danceban:

the rule of thumb is you dress around the gun, so if you cant do that you may need another option to carry.

#6 ·
I take it you're talking a tucked in dress shirt? I've carried my G27 IWB with tucked in t-shirt occasionally, but mostly with t-shirt un-tucked. I don't have much problem with my DeSantis Scorpion with G27 or G19.

#7 ·
Another vote for the Comp-Tac MTAC. I carry the G27 daily dressing business casual (tucked shirts, sweaters, sometimes sport coats). Been working great for me for the last 9 months or so. There should be a "sticky" thread under holsters I think titled "show me how you carry" where people have posted photos, me included.

#8 ·
I think that you may have to give up the super tight muscle shirts and go with a more conventional wardrobe for cc:wink:

I would get some new pants (~2" larger) and the next size up in shirts and go with an inside the waist band holster like the CrossBreed Super-Tuck.

#9 ·
Ram-Rod, that photo always makes me cringe. I don't know how you can do that without an undershirt! I know I can't wear mine like that for more than about an hour.

Sorry, back to your regularly scheduled program....

#10 ·
Loaded! :rofl:

Okay... you just can't get a gun and demand it work around the way you dress, not if you want the weapon accessible. Carrying concealed means that you must adjust your dress around your weapon.

You're just going to have to make some concessions. Personally I like an IWB holster with some kind of cover garment. With my Milt Sparks VersaMax-IIs, that's often as little as an un-tucked shirt.

There's a lot of options available, the choice is yours. :wink:

#11 ·
I have the Dakota Defender from K&D which is my favorite IWB at about a 3:30 postition. The great thing about it is you can adjust the depth and the cant to fit your build to the most comfortable position.
I ordered it for the 23 so I could use it for both 23 & 27. I change the cant and depth depending on which one I carry. It's like 2 holsters in one.

#12 ·
Tucker's Texas Heritage. I can carry with a tucked polo shirt or dress shirt and it just disappears.

Leather IMHO is superior to kydex. It conforms well to the shape of the gun and your body. It forms a much more gradual "bump" on your hip, making it less obvious.
For the same reason it's also more comfortable. It's much less abrasive to the finish of your gun.

The only advantage of kydex that I'm aware of is that it's easier to reholster.

#14 ·
If you are required to wear tucked in dress shirt for work I think either a tuckable IWB holster , belly band , holster shirt or ankle holster will be your options. You will need to have a slightly loose shirt if carrying on your waist area.

#15 ·
I like the MTAC with "J" clips, positioned at at 4:30. I got the slide so I can carry sub, compact, or standard length. When lounging in sweats or shorts (no belt) I prefer the Smart Carry.

The MTAC is tuckable and the "J" clips are hardly noticable, especially to 'non-gun' people.

#16 ·
Thank you guys for your input I do have the keltec p3at for more compact carry but boy I like the extra umph the 27 adds to the equation so I think I will check out the crossbreed with a bigger size shirt thanks again

#17 ·
Have you thought about a "smartcarry " holster?

I have one for my G27 and it works fine. It is more of a deeper carry method, but it is better than not carrying at all. It allows me to carry my G27 and an extra mag.

Just a thought.

#19 ·
MY G27 is my EDC off-duty. Most of the time it rides in a VM II. But I wear my shirts untucked. If I have to wear a tucked shirt I use my MTAC. Both holsters are very comfortable for all day wear.

#22 ·
It has never been a problem for me to carry my G26 in an OWB holster. However, I never wear tight shirts. Sometimes it just won't all come together with the way you would like to dress, and the gun and method of carry.

As has been said, "Dress around the gun" and you will find it easy to carry the G26.

Personally I find the G26 too bulky and heavy for pocket carry, but some do not.

I recently had a Fed officer in my house, and he carried a BU G26 in an ankle holster. I did not realize it until he showed me. He did look longingly at my P9 when we talked about the weight and bulk of the G26.

#24 ·
I agree that undershirts make IWB carry more comfortable, but I only wear them during the colder months of the year. In the warmer months I carry my G23 or G27 in a Don Hume IWB holster without an undershirt. I just have conditioned myself to accept indentation marks on my side when I take off my holster at the end of the day! In my case, it doesn't bother me that much!

#25 ·
I carry a G27 every day in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I chose it over the MTAC because the holster is open at the bottom which means I won't worry about debris and I could switch to a longer glock.
I always wear an undershirt and I can cover well with just a tee shirt. Most days I dress business casual and wear my shirts tucked in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.