Defensive Carry banner

Springfield 1911 A-1

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  rex03 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I got this beauty a day or so ago. It's a great piece, and even better to shoot!!

See less See more
#6 ·
There's a promo. right now with Springfield where they are throwing in a couple of extras "Free of charge". I had someone else tell me that, so I went to the website.. I'm definitely happy though. I got this voucher also to get mag's. for $9 each also. I jumped on that with the quickness!!

#7 ·
I also like the simplicity, and the fact that it doesn't have ambidextrous "everything" already on the gun. I do plan on swapping the hammer (Delta) , and the beaver tail to match though, and I'll be done.

#10 ·
You did well on picking that Springer! Mine is a 1990 vintage that has been utterly reliable. I did add a Ed Brown Ambi safety (good for IPCS and if you do take a hit to your left arm/shoulder) , Wilson drop in safety, hammer and trigger. Gun eats everything I feed it and has been a constant companion for 18 years. Fot the money best 1911 out there. Congrats!

Here is my old battle wagon with over 20K rds. Buy ya some Wilson
Shock Buffs to keep the frame intact,and don't add a full length guide rod system. May yours be as good as a companion as mine has.

I can also carry and conceal this as easily as a K frame S&W. Mine rides in a HBE Leatherworks DC Special. Great combo IMO

Roger

#14 ·
Thank you, and yes that's what drew me to it immediately. Simple and sexy if you will..

#12 ·
Good job on pickin' that up! I've got a parkerized "Loaded" model... it's been a wonderful gun - and Springfield was even nice enough to honor their lifetime warranty even though I'm not the original owner.

I didn't know they were packaging them with mag holders now... is it worth much or is it about as good as the holster (fine for the range, crappy for concealment)?

#15 ·
I would agree that it is a good range holster. I tried the thing but it will not work for me. I bought a deep conceal. IWB holster, and I will be getting that soon.. Thank you for the input..

#17 ·
You're welcome. I didn't modify mine for years, but the mods I added were suggested by some very knowledgable 1911 pro's.
They have improved the trigger pull and the Drop-In safety really disperses the muzzle flip when firing.

It's still a beaut and a BA Springer. Like a Harley, you can really go nuts on accessories. Mine are bare bones mods. Yours like mine will get the job done as is and then some.

Enjoy it and congrats!!:smile:

#20 ·
Good choice on the Springfield, my compliments. I picked up a used 1989 vintage one about two or three years ago, it was my primary carry gun for about a year until my back called for something a bit lighter. Ever since then the Mil-Spec's been my bedside pistol for things that go bump in the night. My mods consisted of: An Ed Brown "Tactical" thumb safety (my favorite by far), a Wilson "Bulletproof" side stop, a set of Hakan Pek grips and a few Wilson #47D magazines.

At some point I'm going to fully customize it but it runs like a champ just as it is.
Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.