10MM auto

This is a discussion on 10MM auto within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Bren Ten that I fire a couple of times a year using the original Norma ammo. I like that gun because the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10MM auto

I have a Bren Ten that I fire a couple of times a year using the original Norma ammo. I like that gun because the slide fits the frame very precisely: Just like a Sig 210.

2. Remove Ads

There was a case in Arizona that a DA made a case out of a guy using a 10mm for SD on a hiking trail,It should of not been an issue but the DA convinced the jury that because the guy carried it he was looking to kill people or sumpin like that.The guy carried it because of wild animals and not so wild animals but was convicted of murder
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    There was a case in Arizona that a DA made a case out of a guy using a 10mm for SD on a hiking trail,It should of not been an issue but the DA convinced the jury that because the guy carried it he was looking to kill people or sumpin like that.The guy carried it because of wild animals and not so wild animals but was convicted of murder
    From what I've read in other posts related to this case, there was more to the story than just the caliber of the weapon.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

I really don't think accuracy is a real issue here. If it shot 100% accurate (same spot every time) vs. 99% accurate (say a 2" grouping at 15 yards) it would not make a notable difference for a defensive gun.

Stick with what is carried my military or police as far as caliber goes. This will help a great deal if you ever were in court for using your weapon.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Quote Originally Posted by alteredspeed View Post
    I have a question about the 10mm. Are they prone more so than others to jam and stove pipe. I know the troopers hear in VA were using them for a short time and I talked to a couple of them and they said they had lots of problems with them. Im just curious. They all switched to Sig's in .357.
    NO. Know more or less then any other round.Been shooting 10mm from early 90's, in Colt 1911.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Erich1B View Post
    From what I've read in other posts related to this case, there was more to the story than just the caliber of the weapon.
    Your right, there is more to the story. For me 45 or 10mm for carry and not 40 lite.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

10mm is a great round - I cant feel the difference between that and .45 or .40.... of course you will never hear me complain about my airweight .357 revolver hurting my hands either. 10mmm packs a great punch and is very accurate. If you can afford the cost of the rounds carry it - in my opinion the best self defense round out there, followed closely by .357 mag.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by usmc3169 View Post
    10mm is a great round - I cant feel the difference between that and .45 or .40.... of course you will never hear me complain about my airweight .357 revolver hurting my hands either. 10mmm packs a great punch and is very accurate. If you can afford the cost of the rounds carry it - in my opinion the best self defense round out there, followed closely by .357 mag.
    Must be shooting lite loads.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Aren't the Double Tap Ammo 10mm products full power?

-john

Quote Originally Posted by bzdog View Post
    Aren't the Double Tap Ammo 10mm products full power?

-john
    Yea, Not bad loads, my self for 10mm loads I like 170 to 200 grain rounds.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I don't own a 10mm Auto pistol, but have shot a buddy's Glock 20. The grip is still sort of big, but it was surprisingly easy to shoot for me. I'm waiting for the G20SF, and if I like it enough, I'll buy one to use for a woods gun.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

For my Glock 20: Georgia arms canned heat for "cheap" 10mm target rounds to break it in. Double tap flat nose for when out in the bear woods, double tap jhps when transferring from bear woods to/from home. aftermarket guide rod and 21 lb spring. Got a lone wolf aftermarket 40S&W conversion barrel to shoot all the extra 40 I have laying around.

It only sees the light of day when I go out hunting (which is pretty common from late Sept through Jan/Feb.).

As accurate as all the other Glocks I have, which is good for me.

10mm

I sometimes carry a 10mm, but not an auto. I have an N frame S&W 610 revolver. Double Tap has everything you need for SD ammo, reload or buy some CCI Blazer for economical practice. I prefer the 135gr JHP, I can live with the lower penetration, but I like the 165gr Gold Saber load and plan on trying that soon.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I'd carry my 10mm witness all of the time, but my back injury dictates that
    I carry a smaller/lighter gun. Same reason for not carrying a full sized 9mm.

The 10mm is both powerful and accurate.

In the case of Harold Fish in AZ. I would have shot both maruading/attacking dogs. then went hand to hand with the crazy dude if i had to too.

Sadly, no defense lawyer could cite that certain police depts. still carry /use
    10mm in the performance of their duties, and that it isn't over-powerful
    for personal protection or police duty.

Carry the 10mm with confidence if you can handle the recoil with the full power loads. You are better of with a .40 if you only want/need .40 cal ballistics.
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Carry a 10 everyday!!

Bought my DW CBOB in 10 about 6 months ago and absolutely love the gun and the round. Eats and spits out any kind of 10mm I can get my hands on.

Carried in a MS HR-LTD with Beltman belt and Win. Silvertips.

BTW there is some information about the 10mm auto round over on 10mmtalk.com which I think has switched to ar15armory.com.

Yea....I want to be a pic whore when I grow up!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links